PayPal express and Chrome browser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PayPal express and Chrome browser

I just had someone try to check out with PayPal express using Chrome. He could not complete the transaction because the browser kept displaying an error message saying our website needed his phone number.

I ran my own transaction through using Chrome and received an error telling me my last name could not exceed 20 characters. I ran the same thing through on IE with no problems, so this seems to be a problem with the site's or PayPal's interaction with Chrome.

Just wondered if anyone else has seen similar behavior?

Thanks,

Paul DeBusschere
    cellunation.com

This happens not just on chrome. It depends on how the PayPal was verifying the buyer, check your "Payment Receiving Preferences" under profile. I am not sure what exactly triggers this, contact PayPal to see if you can narrow it down.
    Elegant Weddings +
    www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
    www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Will do. Thanks for the reply!

Comment

I checked our PayPal settings and don't see anything that would have prevented these orders from going through on Chrome as opposed to IE (which successfully completed. Requiring the phone number is turned OFF in PayPal. So, I think this was/is a Chrome issue.

Comment

Requiring the phone number is turned OFF in PayPal
          From my understanding "PayPal Express" requires the phone number. This has happened to us across all browsers not just Chrome.
          Elegant Weddings +
          www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
          www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Originally posted by ElegantWeddings View Post
            From my understanding "PayPal Express" requires the phone number. This has happened to us across all browsers not just Chrome.
            Yes, I understand what you are saying. However, the fact that this is working in IE and Firefox shows that the problem is not the PayPal configuration. If it were, then all browsers would experience the error and no orders could be put through.

Comment

pdebussc, try reading this knowledgebase article and setting everything up the way it describes in the article and see if that solves your problem:

https://support.3dcart.com/index.php...barticleid=160

Comment

Working...
              X