? about abandoned carts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? about abandoned carts

:confused: :confused: (just for you InsnWizard)

If a customer doesn't complete his order it shows up in the Not completed section -

Do the items in those "not completed" orders stay in the cart (and deduct from your inventory) until you delete them in the NC section?

example:
    If I only have 1 of an item and someone puts it in their cart but doesn't complete the order (and I haven't deleted that NC order) does that keep that item from being ordered by someone else until I do delete that NC order?

Suggestions on how long you should keep those "step 1" NC orders, or do you just delete them daily?

Thanks for any input related to this matter. :)

Sunshine Daydream Hippie Shop
    www.sunshinedaydream.biz

Inventory is deducted only if it has gone thru the checkout process, just adding to the cart will not impact inventory.

As for how long you keep is up to you, there are several threads available on the forum. After 30 days they get deleted anyways.
    Elegant Weddings +
    www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
    www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

does it matter if I delete them or if the system does after 30 days?

Is there any difference? is there any benefit to me doing it as opposed to letting the system doing it?

What do you do?

If you delete them, do you delete just step 1 NC orders or all NC orders?

Thanks.:)

www.sunshinedaydream.biz

Comment

Originally posted by SunshineDaydream View Post
        does it matter if I delete them or if the system does after 30 days?

Is there any difference? is there any benefit to me doing it as opposed to letting the system doing it?
        Not really, unless you have loads of abandoned carts I suggest deleting them to save bandwidth

What do you do?

If you delete them, do you delete just step 1 NC orders or all NC orders?
        I only delete the carts that are added by bots (if any), others I just leave them as some buyers will return a few days later to continue with the purchase
        Elegant Weddings +
        www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
        www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Thanks elegant.

:) :) :)

www.sunshinedaydream.biz

Comment

Working...
          X