Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Shipping on Everything?

Has anyone ever tried this?

I sell products that are generally small. My thought is to raise prices 10-15% then offer free shipping. I have some competition, but not that much.

Has anyone ever tried this? I've toyed with it for years.

How much you need to mark things up depends on what you sell / how much it costs to ship something. Since we sell low cost items we have to add 30-50% to the items price to cover shipping.
    Nathan
    www.YourCableStore.com

Comment

Im not going to mark up anything, if I only make $5 thats fine if it means Im getting a return customer in the bargain. You must think outside the box!
      Kathleen
      www.bikerbabesleathers.com
      www.theleatheroutpost.com
      Please "like" us on Facebook
      http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Bik...rs/95860340129

Comment

I shipped my items free for many years until the price of postage across the country grew to large. But free shipping is a big deal to shoppers and good way to bring them into your web pages and give you a leg up on the competition particularity this time of year
        jeff
        http://www.canadianghosthuntersupplies.ca

Comment

Free shipping

get an average weight for your product and then calculate shipping to zips 98101 - Seattle and 33101 Miami the 2 farthest places you can ship. That will tell you how much to add. If you're selling products for $25.00 adding $3.00 may not be enough.

check out "Regional" boxes from USPS - dirty little secret - 1/2 the cost of first class and same delivery window

If you use UPS or Fedex make sure you reach out to your rep and get discounts

Comment

Don't forget about the new priority flat rate padded envelopes.We recently started using these and will be putting a lot of orders we used to ship in the 1096L box into these saving a lot of money.

Right now you can only order 15 online and have to call the expedited packing supply center at 1-800-610-8734 to order more than 15.
            Nathan
            www.YourCableStore.com

Comment

Working...
            X