When is the next update / upgrade????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is the next update / upgrade????

From support portal: "We have temporarily closed the suggestion portal while we begin considering and planning the ideas submitted so far for Q1 of 2012."

Any date for next upgrade? Really hoping for these:

Mailchimp Integration 133 votes
    Google Base Automation 120 votes (critical for apparel products with options!!)
    Improved File Manager 87 votes
    Daisy Chain Options 73 votes

Also intrigued by the possibility of a multi site cart.

BP

Status Update please.

BP

Comment

3d considers the forum more for users and doesn't respond here much.

You'd be better served to open a trouble ticket and then let us all know what they say :-)

Comment

Oh, they watch it. They just pass the hard ones by.

More importantly, potential customers watch it.

BP

Comment

+1 for Mailchimp.

They definitely watch the forum. Wouldn't you watch your own forum on your own website where your own customers post about how your product works? Well, I guess if they don't watch it they should!

Comment

+2 for MailChimp. They said they would include it in v4. Reneged on that and said "it is still on slate for addition on the 3dcart service soon."

If you're reading this and want this service added, tweet the following (or similar): "Dear @3dCart - Please integrate with @MailChimp - Almost all other popular carts have and you said you would a long time ago."

Enough people publicize this and we may get an answer.

Comment

+3 for mailchimp integration
              Marsha,

Comment

Better start saving to pay for Mailchimp if it ever get integrated. If the Pinterest button is $99 and the Facebook connect is $249, I will let you guess how much a Mailchimp integration will be!

Comment

Originally posted by elightbox View Post
                  Better start saving to pay for Mailchimp if it ever get integrated. If the Pinterest button is $99 and the Facebook connect is $249, I will let you guess how much a Mailchimp integration will be!
                  Yeah, how come they take the highest voted for items, create them, then charge us for them? I thought the suggestion site was for future upgrade ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by rburton34 View Post
                    Yeah, how come they take the highest voted for items, create them, then charge us for them? I thought the suggestion site was for future upgrade ideas.
                    Which is why I stopped using it..

Comment

Originally posted by elightbox View Post
                      I will let you guess how much a Mailchimp integration will be!
                      I just mentioned this on a different thread, "We have exciting new things coming on Q2, including MailChimp, Fedex Web Services update and Endicia Label Server integration."

These are simply planned to be added as new standard features to 3dcart.

By the way, has anyone mentioned on Mailchimp forums that they're charging $10/mo to send out newsletters when 3dcart offers that feature for free? ;)

Jimmy Rodriguez

Comment

I don't really care about MailChimp integration, but I'd be much more interested in some functionality upgrades to the cart *itself* rather than new partner add-ons. I think these basic things need to get fixed before any other partnering deals are made.

For example:

1) Why isn't there a gift wrap option module that's available in the checkout? Right now I have to list it as a product. Really unprofessional looking.

2) The single-page checkout option needs a facelift in the worst way. BigCommerce looks so much better with the tabbed type/staged single page checkout.

3) Why don't we have the ability to add UPC codes and MPNs to product options? Google Feed won't take any of my products with product options because I can't add unique product identifiers.

4) Why hasn't mobile commerce been fixed already? It just doesn't work - customers get looped back to the homepage and can't actually use the site in the mobile version, so I had to turn it off.

Comment

Originally posted by QuirkyBaby View Post
                          I don't really care about MailChimp integration, but I'd be much more interested in some functionality upgrades to the cart *itself* rather than new partner add-ons. I think these basic things need to get fixed before any other partnering deals are made.

For example:

1) Why isn't there a gift wrap option module that's available in the checkout? Right now I have to list it as a product. Really unprofessional looking.

2) The single-page checkout option needs a facelift in the worst way. BigCommerce looks so much better with the tabbed type/staged single page checkout.

3) Why don't we have the ability to add UPC codes and MPNs to product options? Google Feed won't take any of my products with product options because I can't add unique product identifiers.

4) Why hasn't mobile commerce been fixed already? It just doesn't work - customers get looped back to the homepage and can't actually use the site in the mobile version, so I had to turn it off.
                          I would LOVE to see the ability to offer shipping insurance on the single page checkout. Its already coded into the multiple page checkout so I assume it would easy to add to the single checkout????

I second that on the UPC code. Right now, we have to add it Custom Fields, which places it BELOW the description. It should be near the item code/price table. C.C. has the option to place it above the price. This sounds like an easy code - maybe based off the item number code - that someone could do in a day or two.

Gift wrap is standard on all carts. I dont use it so didnt know that 3D doesnt support it. Why???

Comment

I don't really care about MailChimp integration, but I'd be much more interested in some functionality upgrades to the cart
                            Please keep in mind that every merchant has their "wishlist", and we definitely want to consider everyone needs, but at the same time need to give priority to those features that will bring benefits to most merchants. This is the main reason to have an UserVoice site so we can start with the features needed with more votes.

If I say right now that we're dropping the MailChimp integration or the Fedex update to do Gift Wrapping, many merchants would say that they don't really care about Gift Wrapping but need to start offering Fedex Smartpost or sync with Mailchimp right away.

For example:

- For many stores, offering this at the product level makes sense, especially when you cannot offer Gift Wrapping on all products. This 3dcart store is a good example of offering Gift Wrapping that way, A Fresh Italian Equestrian Square Silk Scarf with Pink Bits and an Orange Border at Zia Moda You don't need to add the option for Gift Wrapping to every single product, you can add these options to the CATEGORY and these will display automatically on all products under that category (That's right, 3dcart has Category-wide Product Options, another exclusive feature).

If you don't charge extra for Gift Wrapping then you can simply add a Checkout Question.

- Unfortunately I have to disagree on this one, I really don't like that particular checkout process, and the flow is not really a "single-page" checkout, you have to finish each section to move to the next one, it's similar to a multi-step checkout with a tab layout.

On this particular request, please keep in mind that custom designing your checkout page is an option, either a 3dcart or third-party designer can customize the checkout page to your needs.

- You can add unique product identifiers when using Advanced Options, the field is there and many merchants use it for the UPC. The actual issue is that options are not automatically included in the Google Base Feed and that's one of the features that we're already working on.

- Perhaps you're experiencing a specific issue with the mobile platform, as far as I know this works properly and has been tested with the latest version of mobile os. I definitely recommend reporting the issue to our support team and they'll be glad to look into this for you.

Jimmy Rodriguez

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy3dcart View Post

- Unfortunately I have to disagree on this one, I really don't like that particular checkout process, and the flow is not really a "single-page" checkout, you have to finish each section to move to the next one, it's similar to a multi-step checkout with a tab layout.

On this particular request, please keep in mind that custom designing your checkout page is an option, either a 3dcart or third-party designer can customize the checkout page to your needs.

Jimmy Rodriguez
                              Can we at least update the 1-page checkout to allow full anonymous checkout, with or without a password, whether you are already a customer or not? Basically make it the same as the multi-page?

BP

Comment

Working...
                              X