New release sux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New release sux

I absolutely HATE the new release. Wish we could OPT-OUT!
    They removed so much functionality that we used on a daily basis.
    I can't provide even the proper "shipping" information to my customers since they have taken away the abilty to list how and by what method a customer's order shipped.
    Last edited by Mark; 11-07-2015, 08:10 AM.

I was upgraded yesterday and I haven't had time to check through all the settings on the store and the new dashboard. Have we lost the ability to list how an item was shipped? I quickly looked at shipping methods and the new layout is so different that I can't even tell if my methods and settings are the same. I'll have to make time, which I don't have, to sit and do a few test orders and see what shakes out, but shipping calculations have always been a source of contention with me on the cart because I simply cant depend on accurate shipping calculations and I either eat the loss or refund the overage. Waste of time and shipping calculations being accurate, I believe, shouldn't be such an issue on an ecommerce site.

Comment

No, you cannot select what shipping method was used. For example, you sell an item that is drop shipped from your vendor that uses Fed Ex, you cannot change the shipping method to Fed Ex.
      Frustrating indeed.

Comment

I just know that module is confusing as heck, I can't tell what my shipping methods are that are currently set up, I need to run some test orders to see. I'm not caring for the new set up, but we are where we are and I hate moving a store.....

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
          No, you cannot select what shipping method was used. For example, you sell an item that is drop shipped from your vendor that uses Fed Ex, you cannot change the shipping method to Fed Ex.
          Frustrating indeed.
          Are you talking about on open orders? If you plug in the Fedex Tracking number into the Tracking number box, it will automatically detect that it is a FedEx number. If you want to "select" a different method you can click on the current method near the top of the order and select new method/rate.
          Joe Arbogast
          http://www.birdsafestore.com

Comment

Frustrating indeed.
            By changing the ship method, do you mean editing the text that the customer sees on their invoice? If so, then you actually can edit this. If you are in the order and you look directly below the large green total cost, you will see the following:

Order paid by Credit Card,
            hipping via FedEx GroundFedEx Ground.

Notice that the shipping method is listed twice. If you click on the first "FedEx Ground", it will pop up a window that will let you change the ship method. However, if you click the 2nd "FedEx Ground', a window will pop up saying that it is calculating the shipping rate, but it will just hang there until you back out of it.

Just one of the many quirks in this beta release. (FYI - I know it isn't really a beta release, it just feels this way)

Comment

The one thing that I have reported via Ticket -- and they don't seem to acknkowledge it's a problem -- is if you change the shipping method for an order, you are then logged in as that customer.
              Joe Arbogast

Comment

"If you want to "select" a different method you can click on the current method near the top of the order and select new method/rate."

No you cannot. Thanks for your input, but that doesn't work.
                Folks, don't be so defensive of 3D on this. It doesn't work, they don't field test. I have been a customer since 2006.

"Notice that the shipping method is listed twice. If you click on the first "FedEx Ground", it will pop up a window that will let you change the ship method. However, if you click the 2nd "FedEx Ground', a window will pop up saying that it is calculating the shipping rate, but it will just hang there until you back out of it."

Sorry, that doesn't work either.

You missed the point. You drop ship a product, as I have been doing for nearly ten years. With this new release, you CANNOT select the method the item was shipped by carrier. Step backwards, typical of new releases.
                Last edited by Mark; 11-10-2015, 10:30 PM.

Comment

"If you want to "select" a different method you can click on the current method near the top of the order and select new method/rate."

No you cannot. Thanks for your input, but that doesn't work.
                  Folks, don't be so defensive of 3D on this. It doesn't work, they don't field test. I have been a customer since 2006.

"Notice that the shipping method is listed twice. If you click on the first "FedEx Ground", it will pop up a window that will let you change the ship method. However, if you click the 2nd "FedEx Ground', a window will pop up saying that it is calculating the shipping rate, but it will just hang there until you back out of it."

Sorry, that doesn't work either.

You missed the point. You drop ship a product, as I have been doing for nearly ten years. With this new release, you CANNOT select the method the item was shipped by carrier. Step backwards, typical of new releases.

Then I suggest that there is either something wrong with your particular site or the browser or something you are using because I change the shipping method nearly every day using the above-mentioned method.

Secondly I also have items drop shipped -- though most of my items are shipped from here using FedEx or USPS, I have vendors that drop ship using UPS -- on the right side of the order screen under the shipping method I plug in my vendor's UPS tracking number and it sets up so that it can be clicked on and tracked through UPS and the customer is sent the shipping email with teh appropriate link.
                  Joe Arbogast

Comment

Stop telling me it works. It does NOT work. You cannot modify the shipping method or tracking number. I have been using this admin for 10 years. It does not work in the new version. Enter a tracking number and then try to correct it. Suppose you enter a typo on the tracking number. Now, go back and try to change it. See?
                    Last edited by Mark; 11-12-2015, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Stop telling me it works. It does NOT work. You cannot modify the shipping method or tracking number. I have been using this admin for 10 years. It does not work in the new version. Enter a tracking number and then try to correct it. Suppose you enter a typo on the tracking number. Now, go back and try to change it. See? This admin sux.

Tried to upload a screen capture of changing the tracking -- works perfectly for me. Are you saying if you click on the tracking number in a shipped order the box does not open that allows you to edit the tracking number?
                      Joe Arbogast

Comment

I wanted to check into this as well so I tried to change the tracking # in my store and it seemed to work fine. I created a video displaying the steps I took that worked. http://screencast.com/t/beF7ijn0 Mark If you are still having an issue I suggest opening a support ticket(if you haven't already) and provide the steps taken to reproduce what you are experiencing.

Comment

Working...
                        X