New Admin Site is Simply Terrible.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Admin Site is Simply Terrible.

It is hard to find things, we need different colors and less white space please.
    Last edited by damiencaz; 11-08-2015, 07:17 PM.

I like some aspects, but it's so time consuming to attempt to learn where things are and there seems to be no quick ways to do anything. I'm going to be on a frequent mouse buyer program somewhere because I'm wearing it's scroll out

Comment

I find that the mostly white is very hard on my eyes. Most of the text is too small, even when I enlarge it. After a couple days of working with it, I can get around fairly fast, yet some tasks take 2 or 3 more steps/mouse clicks to accomplish. I would recommend adding color to all headings and buttons. Overall, I look at it like shopping in my favorite stores, knowing where everything is, and then they re-arrange where things are found. You either discover the new place or shop elsewhere.It is usually easier to discover the new location of your favorite items.

Comment

Originally posted by celebra1 View Post
        I find that the mostly white is very hard on my eyes.
        I mentioned this in the beta discussion forum, and the grey can be completely invisible depending on contrast and viewing angle. It feels like a tablet first design that you can also use from a desktop. :(

There are also a number of user experience oversights. For example the Product Description input box - which is used on every product - is one line tall, but the Keywords input box - rarely used on products - is 4 or 5 lines tall.

Another example is the Categories box that allows for viewing only 4 categories at a time, all of which are in no particular order. If you have products that belong to many many categories and / or you use the category filters, you can have a really tough time getting a good understanding of what categories a product belongs to.

True, the above mentioned oddities were grandfathered in from the original Admin, but it is unfortunate that the new Admin design wasn't used as an opportunity to adjust some of these things to provide greater usability.
        - Dean P. e-commerce and small business consulting

Comment

I meant to add this: If you collapse the left menu then you can simply mouse over the icons instead of clicking each section to expand it.
          - Dean P. e-commerce and small business consulting

Comment

Post on Facebook too: https://www.facebook.com/3dCart/

Comment

hopsing There is no need to post of Facebook and cause a big backlash. They worked very hard on this, but it needs improvement. I am sure they will take all these factors into account and give it an uplift soon. For me, it is more about the colors, it is hard to find things. That is a simple solution.

The Customer Relations section is a disaster now. Due to the lack of colors now, we can't tell who we responded to and who we need to respond to.

I am confident they will make these changes in the near future.
              Last edited by damiencaz; 11-10-2015, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DeanP View Post
                It feels like a tablet first design that you can also use from a desktop. :(
                The odd thing is, if you try using it on a Tablet or Phone, there are some significant issues present too (some elements overlapping each other, some pushed partway off the screen, etc...).

Comment

There's far too much white space. having various items strewn across the screen instead of in a vertical list is really hard to navigate.

Comment

Originally posted by hopsing View Post
                    Post on Facebook too: https://www.facebook.com/3dCart/

You really can't and those who were able to comment when you click the hotlink that says view all three comments, etc. they disappear. When someone asks a question, no one answers it on FB for 3dc, so what would be the point? They're obviously not really allowing comments, even to their announcement about rolling out V7

Comment

why not just fix the problem and move on. this will cause them major customer loss if they just keep on playing with it and covering things up. If it wasn't for customers, how would they know that theirs problems with the program. Since were telling them, is any of them listing to our concerns???? We shouldn't have to keep on putting in tickets for the same thing, day in and day out. Were loosing business and we have the right to voice our opinion and let them know. If its not being fixed, or solved. They will loose business. Plain and simple. We dont have time to baby sit them to fix things. They dont want no one to know of the problems that is going on outside of the forums. WoW. Major fail on this upgrade.

Comment

Is there anyway to use the old admin site again? It takes far too many mouse clicks now to perform basic tasks. It takes me much longer now to do the same work.

Comment

Originally posted by hornstore View Post
                          Is there anyway to use the old admin site again? It takes far too many mouse clicks now to perform basic tasks. It takes me much longer now to do the same work.

I couldn't agree more. The menu flyouts were much faster to use. Also, because of all the white space, they have had to hide certain items so save space. Many of the items that used to be visible now require a mouse click to expand.it.

Comment

Originally posted by hornstore View Post
                            I wish we could also. We worked so hard to find a good shopping cart and were so happy with 3DCart for years - until this upgrade. If it is not fixed within the next few weeks - we are moving to another provider.

Comment

Hello all

I’ve been asked to communicate the following to our users in regards to the new admin interface:

Starting today, we will be rolling an update to all 3dcart stores (created before September 1st 2015), which will allow you to switch back to the legacy admin interface.

This is being done as a courtesy to our legacy merchants for the holiday season due to the fact that learning the new interface will be counter-productive in a busy selling season.

If your store was provisioned (i.e. created on 3dcart) after September 1st, 2015; it only ever had the v7 admin, so it does not have a legacy interface to switch to. However, for our older stores created prior to 9/01/15, you will have the ability to switch back and forth between the two interfaces.

Please keep in mind however that this ability to switch admins will be present only until January 2016. After the cutoff date in January, the new v7 Admin will be the only available interface option. Therefore, we encourage our users to switch to the new admin after the holiday season dust has settled to acclimate yourselves to the new interface.

And for users who prefer to stay with the new interface, please continue to report any and all issues you may be experiencing with it so we can continue to address them.

Thanks all.

-HS

Comment

Working...
                              X