Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone getting bombarded with companies marketing off 3dcart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone getting bombarded with companies marketing off 3dcart?

We are getting bombarded with more and more companies that seem to get our information directly from 3dcart and try to sell or convince us to use their apps. Is 3dcart selling these folks our email and contact info? Here's one of the latest - it's from a company called 4 Tell.

Hi Glenn, You may be thinking, "Wow. Four messages? What tremendous heart. Will he summit Everest next?" In all seriousness, I assume you're either too busy or are simply not interested, and wanted to let you know this will be my last attempt to connect. Many shoppers search Google, land on your site, and leave without finding what they’re looking for. If you don’t show them the right product in that brief moment, they’re gone. 4-Tell’s personalized recommendations show each shopper the right products, keeping them on your site. The result is more revenue and a better customer experience. I know our sales increase of 17.1% seems questionably high, but 300+ merchants can’t be wrong. Our 10x ROI guarantee makes it easy to trial and nearly impossible to lose money - impossible actually because we will refund your money if you do. Doesn't it make sense to explore 4-Tell? How about a quick intro in the coming weeks? Blue skies, Sean On 2016-01-26 20:19:11 UTC, Sean Ericson <[email protected]> wrote: Hi Glenn, I know it's possible you've been slammed, but is there any chance you caught my previous notes about 4-Tell? If not, here’s a quick recap of our integration into your 3dcart store: * 17.1% increased revenue * 10x ROI guarantee, ongoing or we’ll adjust our pricing * Re-engage shoppers with triggered abandoned site and cart email, and * Deliver automated, personalized product recommendations – web, mobile and email Any thoughts on an introduction in the coming weeks? If yes, great! If no, am I able to respond to any hesitations you have? If you would, let me know. Have a great afternoon, Sean On 2016-01-19 20:19:11 UTC, Sean Ericson <[email protected]> wrote: Hey Seth, I wanted to shoot you a quick screenshot in hopes of generating a little more interest in 4-Tell and the results we can show. We want you to have proof that you made a good choice - something tangible. Below is a standard 4-Tell Google Analytics capture from a live account: Of all the numbers we are able to increase and measure, we hope that our 98% user retention rate is what speaks the loudest. We love our users and they seem to love us as well. It would be awesome to make an introduction and discuss your efforts, site, and catalog. Would you make any time tomorrow or next week? Cheers, Sean On 2016-01-11 20:19:11 UTC, Sean Ericson <[email protected]> wrote: Hi Glenn, My name is Sean, I work with 4-Tell and I'd love to make an introduction to you and eBeeHoney if you see fit. So who are we and why should you? 4-Tell lives within your 3dcart site or marketing emails and makes personalized recommendations for every shopper that visits your site, leaves your site, or abandons their cart. Our engine puts the right content in front of your shoppers - never static or recurring - creating an experience that will turn shoppers into buyers. We are so proud to have a 98% customer retention rate, and any one of our 300+ customers would tell you that this thing works. But more importantly, they could show you - everything is tracked via Google Analytics. This helps make me the last honest sales person in the world. Because of that, I can happily say that 4-Tell - on average - boosts sales and conversions by 17.1% and 15% respectively. We also have a 10x ROI guarantee with no revenue sharing and flat monthly pricing. Our goal is to get you to trial. If we can get you that far, we are confident that you will stay with us. Note: We don't force annual contracts. We don't have hidden fees for cancelling. None of that. Get to it already, right? Ideally, everything I've told you sounds great and you would like to evaluate 4-Tell. Realistically, you might ignore this email because its semi-cold and I apologize for that in advance. Truthfully, this thing works and I'd love to show you. Is this worth any of your time tomorrow or next week? Cheers from Portland, Sean Sean Ericson Sales | 4-Tell www.4-Tell.com (http://www.4-tell.com/) Next Generation Personalization or reply 'Unsubscribe'

Hi there, I just want to make sure that you know that we don't share information with any of our partners. However, there are many ways to get your information, in fact there are businesses that all they do is sell Lists of companies in different platforms (ie. http://builtwith.com/). This is most likely the way they are getting your information.
    ----------------------------
    Gonzalo Gil
    3dCart Support
    800-828-6650 x111

Comment

ebeegirl, the same thing happened to me with my last platform. They weren't sharing my information, either. These partners are very good at getting their hands on your info and some of them are rather unscrupulous. However, if they are spamming you, you can do 2 things:

1. Report them to 3dcart and request their business practices be investigated. GonzaloGil, would you tell us how to do this?
      2. Tell these partners you have done #1 and that if they spam you even one more time, you'll make it job #1 to get them kicked out as 3dcart partners. Do it in a professional and businesslike manner, though.

There is no excuse for partners to be doing this, but 3dcart can't do anything about it if they don't know about it.

Comment

I think people are using sites like builtwith.com to data mine what sites are on 3dcart then setup to mine those carts for email addresses.

Comment

I've resorted to blocking many many many IP address ranges for these companies. Good to know 3dcart is not giving them our info - yes I do realize they can data mine. This am had another one but this time came through our CRM which is no issue - looked up their ip and from pakistan - then I simply block the entire address range in pakistan this ip came from. If someone could come up with a program to block countries IP address ranges they would be able to retire on a big yacht!

Comment

Originally posted by ebeegirl View Post
            .... If someone could come up with a program to block countries IP address ranges they would be able to retire on a big yacht!
            Blocking the ip ranges of entire countries can be done. Use a search engine to learn how, and then, contact the providers to tell them where to meet you to receive their yacht. Your thoughtful generosity will be well appreciated.
            Luxlife

Comment

3dcart-Alex 3dcart-Henry This is getting more and more common (and more and more frustrating). Could someone at 3dCart follow-up with these "partners" and get them back in line?

I still haven't a clue how they got my email address (i'm not listed anywhere as a contact)... and recently others at my company are getting the same emails. It's getting out of control really.

Comment

I get several a week and when you're polite the first time and say "no thank you", send the email and then mark it as spam, they come back with other options/services they're attempting to sell...so you try to be polite again and say no thank you, not interested, mark the email as spam and they come back. I would think once told twice that you have no interest in their products/services would be sufficient, but evidently not. So it's not so much the initial contact that's so bothersome for me, it's the high pressure sell tactic I dislike

Comment

LuxLife thanks for the suggestion on the yacht. However, no way yet that we have figured out how to block country ranges - 3dcart is hosting our site - it's not like we have a server room here. I would love to see a button we could click on or select specific countries when we block ip address ranges. If you have a suggestion on how to code a site that is hosted by 3dcart to block countries, we are all ears.

Comment

ebeegirl Here is a KB article on blocking IP addresses from your admin:

https://support.3dcart.com/Knowledge...ssing-my-store
                    Joe Arbogast
                    http://www.birdsafestore.com

Comment

thanks Birdsafe - yes I know how to block ip ranges been doing it for years - my issue is not an easy way to say block all ip ranges from China without entering them all manually range by range.

Comment

Working...
                      X