Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Release Notes Version 6.0

3dcart v6.0 is finally here!

Since our last version update at the end of April, our entire team has been dedicated to Version 6.0. With great new additions and improvements to existing features, v6 sets a milestone in the history of 3dcart.

There is more to come on 3dcart 6, we're currently working on a redesigned Admin Interface and Responsive Templates, which will be made available by the end of this quarter.

We're highlighting the main features on v6 below, followed by our traditional bugs and improvements release notes.

New Features

Gift Wrap Module
    This new 3dcart module brings the ability to offer to gift wrap in the View Cart. With the ability to offer multiple gift wrapping options at different prices, your customers will appreciate the service during the holiday season.

PO System
    The PO system brings to 3dcart the missing piece in the logistic cycle. Now merchants can submit information directly from 3dcart to their distributors when is time to reorder products. When the goods are received, 3dcart will automatically re-stock the products and adjust the quantities by marking the Purchase Orders as received.

Products Q&A
    Allows visitors and customers to ask questions about a specific product directly in on your site. The questions from visitors can be answered by customers or exclusively by your staff. The Q&A will remain on the product page, helping conversion of future sales and improving SEO rankings.

Home Page Carousel
    Built-in Home Page Carousel allows you to display a series of banners in your home page to promote special offers and products. With no coding required, you can just choose the images through the admin interface to automatically add these to your website’s home page.

Canada Post Shipping Labels
    Print Canada Post domestic and international shipping labels directly from your 3dcart store. Rating, Tracking, Label printing with Contract Shipping, Label printing with Non-Contract Shipping.

Bitpay
    Bitcoin is the most popular peer-to-peer digital currency, and is available anywhere there is internet access. Bitcoin can reduce the risk and cost of collecting online payments. 3dcart’s new integration with BitPay allows online merchants to receive Bitcoins as a form of payment without having to deal with the hassle of managing Bitcoins themselves.
    https://bitpay.com

Dwolla
    Dwolla is a payment network that allows any business or person to send, request and accept money. With their own network that securely connects to bank accounts and allows to move money for just $0.25 per transaction, or free for transactions $10 or less.
    https://www.dwolla.com

Reward Points
    3dcart’s Loyalty Program allows shoppers to earn reward points by the amount spent or a set reward per product. The improved Loyalty Program allows customers to “Purchase with Points” by applying these directly in the checkout process. Merchants can also create promotions that give additional points to customers, and send email communications to customers that participate in the loyalty program.

Products Reviews
    The built-in product reviews in 3dcart allow shoppers to rate the products based directly on the site. The new enhancements to the product reviews include visitor’s helpfulness rating on existing reviews, and displaying the “Verified Buyer” message next to reviewers that purchased the product.

Wish Lists
    Wish Lists in 6.0 go social, your customers can now create multiple wish lists under their account to allow them to organize their wished products. Lists can be private or turned into Public lists that customers can shared via their social networks or by directly sharing the URL to the wish list.
    Multiple Wish List, Public and Private Wish Lists.

SEO Tools
    In this new 3dcart version, SEO is a priority. And with this in mind, our SEO experts have grouped the many SEO features and settings available 3dcart in one dedicated section. This allows new and experienced merchant to easily manage all these from one location within the admin interface.

Addons / Third-Party

0413-a001 Add-on - Autoship with Paypal
    The subscribe and save model that allows shoppers to choose a frequency to have their order refilled, now supports Paypal Reference Transactions, this allows autoship orders to be placed via Paypal Express, Paypal Pro and Paypal Advanced.

0413-a002 Add-on - FraudWatch® Screening Rules module
    3dcart's Fraudwatch Program is a special service which actively collects data points associated with your store's orders to provide you with a fraud risk score on the order itself. This new version brings Screening Rules which allow to manually set conditions like order amount, customer’s address, payment method, etc. that would automatically approve, reject or flag the order for review when these are met.

0413-a003 Third Party - Advanced Shipping Manager
    New integration with Advanced Shipping Manager to allow the implementation of complex shipping logic into the 3dcart checkout process. More details at, Advanced Shipping Manager compatible Shopping Cart Software | 3dcart App Store

0413-a004 Third Party - Correios Brazilian Shipping Carrier

0413-a005 Third Party -PagSeguro Payment Processor

Bug Fixes

0413-b001 Google Trusted Stores - Feeds
    Flag orders with Gift Certificates as Digital Goods. Calculates Business days instead of calendar days.

0413-b002 My Account - Reorder
    Reorder functionality was failing when the minimum quantity was less than 1 and only allow multiples was checked.

0413-b003 API - GetOrders
    Discount field was not including coupondiscount which was returning the wrong value for discounts on orders

0613-b004 Payments - Paypal Advanced
    Paypal Advanced is now available on Multi Shipment Checkout

0613-b005 Payments - USAePay Credit Card on File
    Tokens were not working properly for usaepay, the Credit Card on File option now displays at checkout for customers with a saved card.

0613-b006 Blog - Custom File Names
    When using custom file names on the blog and trying to visit the domain with the shared url (3dcartstores) instead of using the regular www, the store was not showing the blog page.

0613-b007 Admin - International Characters
    Special/foreign characters were being converted to "?", The system allows customer entered data in any language now.

0613-b008 Front-end - Error page
    The home link on the breadcrumb was not linked properly on the error.asp page

0613-b009 Admin - Fraudwatch
    The order details page returned javascript errors when the fraudwatch module was disabled.

0613-b010 Shipping - USPS Labels
    Labels for USPS express mail were returning an "invalid image type" error.

0613-b011 Front-end - Product Page
    In the common folder templates, replaced the hardcoded 'Item Id:' with the variable [product_id]

0613-b012 Front-end - Login Required
    The Login requirement to buy products was redirecting to My Account instead of back to the product after the customer successfully logged in.

0613-b013 Mobile - Checkout By Amazon
    Removed CBA from the mobile site, the solution is no compatible with mobile but the payment option was been displayed.

0613-b014 My Account - Address Book
    The address type dropdown was blank when adding a new address on the address book

0613-b015 Front end - Wish List
    When adding an item that included a One Time Setup Fee to the wish list, the "One Time Fee" item was being added to the cart.

0613-b016 Admin - Orders
    The activity log section was not showing up on multiple shipments orders.

0613-b017 Reports - Profit Reports
    There was a discrepancy caused by the cost of the items was not being considered when manually splitting an order into multiple shipments from the admin panel.

0613-b018 Admin - Orders
    When linking an order to a customer, the customer search wasn't returning accurate results when entering the customer's full name.

0613-b019 Admin - Reports
    The Sales by Payment Report was not including Checkout By Amazon orders.

0613-b020 SEO - Blog Pages
    Blog Pages were not reflecting custom file names when used.

0613-b021 Front end - Top Sellers
    The Top Sellers by Category setting was not being considered when custom file names were being used for the category pages.

0613-b022 Admin - Virtual Terminal
    The timestamp for virtual terminal transactions was not considering the store's timezone.

0613-b023 Admin - Cache
    The Clear Cache was bypassing admin validation and allowing to be called remotely. Now the access is restricted to sessions logged in to the admin interface.

Improvements

0613-i001 SEO - Meta Tag Validation
    Setting under SEO Tools to disable the format validation when entering meta tags on products.

0613-i002 SEO - XML Sitemap
    Setting under SEO Tools to manually refresh the XML Sitemap of the site.

0613-i003 SEO - Dynamic Meta Tags
    Setting under SEO Tools to enable/disable the use of Dynamic Meta Tags for products.

0613-i004 Promotion Manager - Used Promotions
    Added a link next to the "Uses" that goes directly to the orders list, performing a search of all orders that use the specified promotion.

0613-i005 Payments - Paypal Express
    We now support all types of transactions for Paypal Express (Authorization, Capture, Void, Refund and Reauthorization). In addition to this, the specific line items are now passed to Paypal during checkout.

0613-i006 Checkout - Insurance
    Insurance was added to the Single Page Checkout.

0613-i007 Orders - Search by date range
    Search Orders by Date Range.Find orders between date range and not just a specific date.

0613-i008 Orders - Customer Record
    When editing an order, now there is a direct link from the customer's name to edit the customer record.

0613-i009 API - Payment Token
    Added a new element to the API to include the payment token when enabled for the payment processor.

0613-i010 Payments - SagePay
    Implemented updates to Sage's latest API.

0613-i011 Admin - Products Sorting
    The ability to specify the sorting of products within a specific category is now available directly under the category options when editing a category.

0613-i012 Admin - Export/Import
    The products, customers and orders sections now include an Import/Export button to go directly to these sections.

0613-i013 Templates - QuickView
    The system will now recognize the quick_view.js and .css files on the current template folder instead of always using the common folder.

0613-i014 Checkout - Autoship
    The checkout will give shoppers an alert when checking out as a guest with autoship items on their cart.

0613-i015 Admin - SEO Tools
    The features for Robots.txt, Custom File Names and Domain Redirect have been relocated from Store Modules to the SEO Tools menu.

0613-i016 Admin - Payments
    The options for Invoice Number, Credit Card Types and Edit Order Status have been relocated to the Store Settings section.

0613-i017 Promotions - Reward Points
    New option when setting up a promotion to indicate the number of points to be awarded when using this promo.

0613-i018 Rewards - SmartList
    New SmartList that will automatically get ALL Customers that have an outstanding Points balance.

0613-i019 Rewards - Purchase with Points
    The redemption of reward points is now done through the checkout process.

0613-i020 Rewards - Order Discounts
    When using a global amount multiplier to calculate points, the system will deduct any discounts (times the multiplier) from the points calculation.

0613-i021 Rewards - Phone Orders
    New Setting to enable/disable Rewards points from Phone Orders.

0613-i022 Rewards - Customer Groups
    New setting on Customer Groups for “Disable Reward Points” that prevents the system from generating points on new orders for any customers assigned to the group.

0613-i023 Wish Lists - Multiple Lists
    The system now allows the shoppers to create multiple wish lists. These can be managed from the My Account section. The product page now prompts the shopper to select the specific wish list when adding a new item.

0613-i024 Wish Lists - Public Lists
    New setting for each Wish List to be set as Public or Private. Private lists are only visible from the My Account page when the user is logged in. Public List can be accessed by any visitor without having to login.

0613-i025 Reviews - Import/Export
    On Products > Reviews there is an new EXPORT/IMPORT option to manage reviews via CSV files.

0613-i026 Reviews - Verified Buyer
    New setting for “Display Verified Buyer” that will validate if the user purchased the specific item in the past and will indicate that on the review. The "Require Login for Reviews" also allows to restrict new reviews to only verified buyers.

0613-i027 Reviews - Helpfulness Rating
    New indicator next to each review to allow visitors to mark reviews as helpful or not helpful.

0613-i028 Reviews - Report
    New Report under Products > Reviews that will include all the details from customers that submitted product reviews.

0613-i029 Reviews - SmartList
    New SmartList that will automatically get ALL Customers that have reviewed a specific product.
    Last edited by 3dcart-Henry; 07-10-2018, 02:58 PM.

Comment

WOW! What a great release. Other than all the wonderful new features there are so many fixes and enhancements for existing usability and features.

Special thanks for the GTS Gift Cert/digital goods fix, the Rewards/discount adjustment fix, the link to the customers from the orders screen & fixing the ?? in the store language section.

Comment

We are extremely excited about the improvements to the rewards process. We've done a few manual promos before (like double rewards weekend) and they have been our most successful promotions, this will give us far more flexibility with the rewards system.

The wishlists enhancements are a great addition as well. Looks like a very solid upgrade. Thanks 3dcart!

Comment

Great features but, unless I am missing something, and after my experience, I dont think I am, you folks just shut off everyones Rewards program because customers can now no longer automatically redeem their points for gift certificates or products.

You now have to click the "redeem for points" link under the add to cart button and go through the entire checkout process.

There is a slight problem with that. Any merchant who has changed their default listing template, which is pretty much everyone, now has to manually insert a new piece of code to get the redeem for points link to appear.

There is no way to redeem points without that new code being inserted.

So, until the merchant adds that code, their customers are no longer able to redeem their points. And merchants wont know until a customer brings it to their attention. Then the merchant will contact 3D Cart, who will spend thousands of man hours informing thousands of merchants over the next few months of the new code that must be inserted.

What was wrong with the automatic redemption process and why make customers have to complete the entire checkout process to redeem their points for a gift certificate?

Comment

Originally posted by rburton34 View Post
            Great features but, unless I am missing something, and after my experience, I dont think I am, you folks just shut off everyones Rewards program because customers can now no longer automatically redeem their points for gift certificates or products.

You now have to click the "redeem for points" link under the add to cart button and go through the entire checkout process.

There is a slight problem with that. Any merchant who has changed their default listing template, which is pretty much everyone, now has to manually insert a new piece of code to get the redeem for points link to appear.

There is no way to redeem points without that new code being inserted.

So, until the merchant adds that code, their customers are no longer able to redeem their points. And merchants wont know until a customer brings it to their attention. Then the merchant will contact 3D Cart, who will spend thousands of man hours informing thousands of merchants over the next few months of the new code that must be inserted.

What was wrong with the automatic redemption process and why make customers have to complete the entire checkout process to redeem their points for a gift certificate?
            Hi rburton34,

We definitely IMPROVED the way the rewards points work, in the past it was not possible to make any product with Product Options redeemable, in addition to this you couldn't charge for Shipping or Tax on any redeemable product. In the same way, if the customer needed to ship the rewarded product to a different address than the one on their account, they couldn't do it.

So all those are great improvements from the previous reward process. I understand that every business is different, and even when these changes might not have any value for you, they're many merchants that have been waiting on these to launch their reward programs.

If you're simply offering Gift Certificates as rewards, then no changes are needed, you don't even need to add the REDEEM button to the product pages, since Gift Certificates will continue to work in the same way as they used to work, which means you can redeem them directly in the My Account page.

Jimmy Rodriguez

Comment

Someone's been rather busy. Thanks for the update and rollout of version 6. Reading the support.3dcart.com, some good documentation on implementing some of these new features.

I've been busy today adding the carousel, product Q&A, updated reviews, next step the points system as were rolling out a customer appreciation in September. I will review the long list of upgrades over the weekend and enhance the features our store can offer customers or potential customers over our competition.

Thanks for the great work Team 3D Cart.

Jeff
              ZuluTimeZone.com
              Time Well Spent

Comment

Working...
              X