Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Release Notes - April 2014

Release Notes - April 2014 (6.2)

As we continue to work towards releasing out of Beta our eBay connector, HTML5 themes and QB Connector. All of which should be officially launched by next month. We're also getting ready to introduce the BETA of the new REST API for 3dcart, this is currently being tested by some partners and will represent big improvements to the overall platform.

The list below includes the bugs and improvements for the last 2 months, the main focus has been on SEO and new features like Custom File Names for Manufacturer pages and the HTML link element for PREV / NEXT on category pages are included.

Bugs

0414-b001 Products - Stock Log
    The timestamp on the Product Inventory Logs were not considering the store's specific Time Zone setting.

0414-b002 Front-end - Checkout
    Additional validation has been implemented to prevent a specific scenario that allowed orders to be placed without the customer selecting a state.

0414-b003 Shipping - Label Manager
    The Service Type on the Label Manager is now being prepopulated. The UPS Negotiated Rates are also being considered on labels rate calculation.

0414-b004 Rewards - Email notification
    The rewards notification email was being sent to the customer with their own email address in the FROM field, causing Bouncebacks with certain email providers.

0414-b005 Payments - SAGEPay
    The STATE information was not being passed to the payment processor for domestic orders.

0414-b006 Front-end - Saved Carts
    Saved carts with multiple items were listed more than once in the My Account page. In some instances the saved carts list was also including Saved Carts that didn't include any items.

0414-b007 SEO - Sitemap
    The XML Sitemap submitted to Google was reporting an indexing issue for URLs encoded. Now the encoding of some characters is being excluded for these to be indexed properly.

0414-b008 Payments - Paypal Express
    Paypal express was not displaying the TOTAL order amount but the SUBTOTAL when used from the Checkout page. This now passed to paypal the Order Total amount.

0414-b009 Tax - VAT Module
    Non-taxable products were displaying VAT charges on the View Cart page. This is now being excluded from VAT calculation.

0414-b010 3dFeedback - Categories
    The Feedback categories on the 3dfeedback module were not using the custom icons assigned to it. This has been adjusted to display the specific icons assigned by the customer.

0414-b011 Phone Orders - Shipping
    The weight of bundled items was not being considered in the phone orders. This now considers the total weight of the main item plus any bundled products.

Improvements

0414-i001 SEO - Category Pagination with rel="next" and rel="prev"
    Much like rel=”canonical” acts a strong hint for duplicate content, we now use the HTML link elements rel=”next” and rel=”prev” to indicate the relationship between additional pages on categories.

0414-i002 Marketing - Google Product Listing Ads
    The Google PLA feed is now available in the Shopping Engines section, this provides the format required for Product Listing Ads advertisment via Adwords.

0414-i003 Admin - Scheduled Exports
    The Scheduled Exports now allow to view the complete list of scheduled exports for all users. This new section also allows to Edit or Delete a specific Scheduled Export. This list is available when clicking SCHEDULE on any data export.

0414-i004 Frontend - Category Pages
    New HTML tags to display the numeric value of the first record on the page and the last record of the page have been added. the variables can be used in the category_0.html template and are [first_record], [last_record].

0414-i005 Admin - Product Options
    New DELETE ALL button has been added to allow batch delete of all the options associated to the product.

0414-i006 Admin - Exports
    Permission settings are now applied to data exports. Products, Customers and Orders permissions are now required for a user to export the associated data via CSV file.

0414-i007 Admin - Exports
    The Products Export now includes the extra fields 11, 12 and 13.

0414-i008 Admin - Exports
    New field added for Custom Product Exports for TOP CATEGORY. This field will include a single category for a product export instead of the collection of all categories assigned to the product.

0414-i009 Shipping - USPS First Class
    Adjustments to implement updates from USPS on the First Class Method.

0414-i010 Admin - Phone Orders
    The Phone Order summary page was displaying the database ID for the products being ordered, this now displays the Product ID.

0414-i011 Reports - Sales By Promotion
    The report now includes a new column for the Sales amount.

0414-i012 Admin - Store Settings
    The STORE URL field is now enforcing lowercase casing for the URL.

0414-i013 Payments - Payflow Pro
    The Paypal Payflow Pro payment gateway only supported USD as the currency, this now supports any other currency set for the store and allowed by Payflow Pro.

0414-i014 SEO - Page Redirects
    The Page Redirects now allow setting up 301 redirection of deleted Blog Posts or Blog Categories to new URLs.

0414-i015 Frontend - Open Graph Tags
    The Open Graph tag for the product image now uses the main product image IMAGE1 instead of the thumbnail, this corrects an issue with Facebook Likes not detecting the correct image for the product.

0414-i016 Emails - Distributor Email
    The distributor email now allows the use of the product main image, IMAGE1 field.

0414-i017 My Account - Gift Certificates
    The balance check function that previously checked Gift Certificates purchased by customers by placing an order, now also allows to check balance of Gift Certificates that have been imported or manually created via the admin panel.

0414-i018 SEO - 301 Redirects
    The 301 redirects now use the absolute URL of the site instead of just the relative link to the specified page.

0414-i019 SEO - Google Analytics
    The google analytics code has been relocated from the closing BODY tag of the site to be included right before the closing HEAD tag of the site.

0414-i020 SEO - Blog
    Meta Tags for Blog Categories are limited to 255 Characters. This limit has been removed.

0414-i021 SEO - Manufacturer Custom File Names
    The Shop By Brand manufacturer pages now allow the use of Custom File Names.

0414-i022 SEO - Category Pagination Header/Footer
    A new setting under Marketing > SEO TOOLS to hide the category header and footer content from the category pagination and display these only on the first page.
    Last edited by jimmy3dcart; 04-03-2014, 11:24 AM.

0414-i001 SEO - Category Pagination with rel="next" and rel="prev"
    Much like rel=”canonical” acts a strong hint for duplicate content, we now use the HTML link elements rel=”next” and rel=”prev” to indicate the relationship between additional pages on categories.
    I'd like more info on this. Do we need to change some tags or links if we use a customized frame.html or category_0.html?

Comment

Originally posted by cbsteven View Post
      I'd like more info on this. Do we need to change some tags or links if we use a customized frame.html or category_0.html?
      You should see that automatically when going to your category pages, just do View Source and look for the tags in the HEAD section.

Comment

Yep, it is there. Thanks for the info.

Comment

The links for rel prev/next and the ability to turn off the header and footer on paginated pages was a HUGE addition! Thank you Thank you Thank you

Comment

Working...
          X