Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Release Notes 5.1.1

Release Notes - 5.1.1

Here is our first release of 2013. The most expected feature is Endicia integration for USPS Labels. The release also includes an improvement to the Shipping Preview in the View Cart to allow for international addresses.

Some new usability considerations are being implemented to improve the checkout process, the ability to confirm the email address, make the phone number not required, and keep the selection of shipping methods are part of this. We'll continue to bring more enhancements to improve site usability and optimize conversion rates.

Bug Fixes

1212-b001 Inventory - Quantity Options
    When using the product "Qty Options" feature to display a dropdown instead of the text box for the Quantity field, the cart would allow to add more units than the ones currently available in stock in specific scenarios.

1212-b002 Mobile - Category Page
    The mobile category page was using the same template as the main category page for the feature items, which was also causing some conflict on the main one in case the mobile page was loaded first (the first page to load gets cached).

1212-b003 Frontend - QuickView
    The Add to Cart button was not being removed when an item was out of stock or required login to be purchased.

1212-b004 Product Options - One Time Fees
    The price of items added as the "one time fee" option was not being considered for promotions. The discount provided was using just the base item price and not including the price of the one time fees.

1212-b005 Product Options - One Time Fees
    The One Time Fee items on a multiple ship-to order were not assigned to the corresponding address and defaulting to the main address in the order.

1212-b006 Image Manager - Batch Upload
    Updated installed on the Batch Upload for images to correct upload issues with specific browsers.

1212-b007 Customers - Passwords
    New customers created manually via the admin interface had a non encrypted password, thus they were unable to change the password on their own via the front end.

1212-b008 Orders - Edit
    Increased the character limit for the state field when editing an order. New limit: 50 characters

1212-b009 API - Orders
    CDATA added on the shipment portion of the orders xml. Some shipping methods have the (R) symbol and that was causing the xml to break.

1212-b010 API - Orders
    The API was using (,) commas as the thousand delimited which would cause issues for some third-party applications. We removed the thousand delimiter on the amount fields.

1212-b011 Reports - Low Inventory Report
    Increased the number of products listed on the report from 500 to a total of 2,500.

1212-b012 Payment - Securetrading
    A blank page was being returned after checkout instead of the Order Confirmation.

1212-b013 Shipping - USPS
    The USPS Parcel method was discontinued. New method available: Standard Post

Improvements

1212-i001 Product - Inventory
    When editing a product via the admin interface, the stock field now allows the use of the "+" sign to add units to the current inventory. Entering "+2" will add 2 units to the existing stock of the product instead of setting the quantity on hand to 2 units.

1212-i002 Security - Cookies
    Corrected a low risk security vulnerability that required all cookies to be set as HTTPONLY.

1212-i003 Shipping - Tracking Numbers
    New web service implemented to validate the shipping carrier. Some new services from UPS and FEDEX use tracking numbers in USPS format and were causing a conflict.

1212-i004 Shipping - Australia Post
    Automatic shipping tracking via AU Post for any stores based in Australia.

1212-i005 Shipping - International View Cart Shipping Preview
    The View Cart now allows the selection of the COUNTRY and STATE/PROVINCE in addition to the Postal Code to provide the shipping estimate.

1212-i006 Admin - Invoice Sorting
    New setting to specify the order to display the products within the printed invoice.

1212-i007 Frontend - Search
    Keywords under 3 characters were omitted before, now the minimum length can be set in the Store Settings. Default value is 3 characters.

1212-i008 Shipping - Endicia Integration for USPS Labels
    New integration with Endicia for printing USPS Shipping Labels directly from the Admin Interface. Endicia account is required.

1212-i009 Checkout - Shipping Methods
    The shipping selection was reverting back to the first option when reloading any section on the page, now the selection will automatically applied after reloading.

1212-i010 Checkout - Phone Number
    New setting to toggle the Phone Number requirement during checkout.

1212-i011 Checkout - Email Confirmation
    New setting to enable email confirmation box during checkout. This will require the shopper to re-enter the email and will return an error message if the email does not match.

1212-i012 Frontend - Thumbnails
    The Thumbnail.asp now provides support for transparency, it'll allow gif/png images with transparent background. New variable that can be specified in the template to control the padding color (bkgrd). The value needs to be a 6 character hex code, ie: 000000"

1212-i013 Admin - IP Restriction
    New Comments field to add notes regarding the reason for the IP address being blocked.

Awesome updates!

Quick question -

Since I have a custom template, I would assume I have to manually enter the drop down for international shipping preview on the cart. Where can I find this code? Also am I able to limit the dropdown to only display certain countries?

Comment

Hi Jimmy...

Is there a list of templates that got updated so we can determine what changes we need to make on our custom files?

Thanks!
      Joanne Barker
      VS Web Design
      [email protected]

Comment

Some good fixes in this one Jimmy.

When do you plan on having it rolled out?

Comment

The 5.1.1 Version is being deployed to all 3dcart stores next week.

The view_cart.html and checkout-singlepage.html have been updated in this version.

For the view_cart.html to include the International Shipping Preview, there is a block in the HTML labeled "ShipQuoteInternational", you can take the entire block out of the common folder if it's missing in your custom view_cart.html.

Jimmy

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy3dcart View Post
            The 5.1.1 Version is being deployed to all 3dcart stores next week.

The view_cart.html and checkout-singlepage.html have been updated in this version.

For the view_cart.html to include the International Shipping Preview, there is a block in the HTML labeled "ShipQuoteInternational", you can take the entire block out of the common folder if it's missing in your custom view_cart.html.

Jimmy
            Jimmy - question about the check International shipping rate feature - do you still have to pay to get this activated? Or is it working for everyone now with this upgrade?

The reason I ask is that I manage several sites, some modified and some not. It isn't working on any of them.

So, is this still something you have to pay to get installed and then the code works?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by cierrac View Post
              Jimmy - question about the check International shipping rate feature - do you still have to pay to get this activated? Or is it working for everyone now with this upgrade?

The reason I ask is that I manage several sites, some modified and some not. It isn't working on any of them.

So, is this still something you have to pay to get installed and then the code works?

Thanks!
              It's a standard feature, it requires to enable a setting under Settings > Shipping > Shipping Settings.

If it's not showing up after enabling it, try resetting your view_cart.html to the one in the common folder.

Jimmy

Comment

Working...
              X