• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mailing List Free Coupon ??!

Hello all,
    This is my first post :D

Ok, here's the thing:
    Let's say, I will put announcement, who subscribe in our mailing list, we will give 10% OFF.

If with the coupon like (MAIL10) we give it to people who subscribe our mailing list, they can use it in coupon code..

But, I don't want those people give to other friends etc that "MAIL10" code ,because even they not in our mailing list, they can still get 10% just put MAIL10 on coupon code..

I'm thinking to make a condition where the emails that on the subscriber will get 10% off.. It's like "if else" programming. But I can't figure out in 3dcart.

Do you guys have idea about this??
    Thanks in advance!! ;)

I'd be interested in the same thing. I wonder if it can be configured using customer groups? Customers who are added to mailing list become a part of a specific customer group that the coupon could be for. I just don't know enough about this to know whether it would work or not.

Comment

Coupon logic

Logic dictates that you want as many people to order, and use the coupon as possible. If you are loosing money on a sale with a coupon, then it shouldn't be offered in the first place. By this i mean, you are offering a coupon because you want people to order. If your customer is happy enough with your site, that they pass on the coupon code to someone else to use, and in turn they also order from your site... well then, you have a good thing going there.

I think many times people get all bound up in the details of their coupons and forget what the real point is... to get more sales.

Also it is likely that the person who is visiting your site for the first time with the coupon code will also sign up for your e-mail list when they create an account.

So my advice is not to worry about where the coupon came from, and just be happy people are ordering from your site. :D

Comment

I agree with the post above.

That'd be like Safeway freaking out that a weekly flyer they delivered to Joe's house is passed along to his friend Rob, who then uses the coupons to shop at Safeway :P

The point is you want people to buy from you! Just remember that :)

Hell post the coupon to a free coupon directory and get more traffic that way!

Comment

Originally posted by NMTEACO View Post
          Logic dictates that you want as many people to order, and use the coupon as possible. If you are loosing money on a sale with a coupon, then it shouldn't be offered in the first place. By this i mean, you are offering a coupon because you want people to order. If your customer is happy enough with your site, that they pass on the coupon code to someone else to use, and in turn they also order from your site... well then, you have a good thing going there.

I think many times people get all bound up in the details of their coupons and forget what the real point is... to get more sales.

Also it is likely that the person who is visiting your site for the first time with the coupon code will also sign up for your e-mail list when they create an account.

So my advice is not to worry about where the coupon came from, and just be happy people are ordering from your site. :D
          WOW great!! That's make sense! Thanks so much, yeah actually that works! I need to learn more about e-commerce, marketing, strategy etc.. I started since July.. so, I still new baby :o

Comment

Working...
          X