Download Database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Download Database

I was wondering if I could download my database. Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks in advance,

Chris
    AC Tool Supply
    AC Tool Supply, Inc. - Chris / Jason (JJ)
    Insulation Machines
    Infrared Camera
    Blower Door

import/export data is what I used

I downloaded most of the data using the import/export under orders - you can build custom sets and select the fields that you want to export to a file on your harddrive, but it took me a long time to do that - I manually selected almost every field! I did it early yesterday before I got upgraded to the new version - not that I needed to do that, but I just hadn't done it yet. Importing the data to excel gave me quite an interesting spreadsheet, so I'm not sure I did it right. Most of the data is there, but I am glad that I don't need it!

On the new version, you have categories (already established sets) like products inventory, pricing, options, image gallery...etc. And under customers you have export a list of all your customer info, or just newsletter emails.
    Orders, products and customers have import/export links.

Comment

Originally posted by maryg View Post
      I downloaded most of the data using the import/export under orders - you can build custom sets and select the fields that you want to export to a file on your harddrive, but it took me a long time to do that - I manually selected almost every field! I did it early yesterday before I got upgraded to the new version - not that I needed to do that, but I just hadn't done it yet. Importing the data to excel gave me quite an interesting spreadsheet, so I'm not sure I did it right. Most of the data is there, but I am glad that I don't need it!

On the new version, you have categories (already established sets) like products inventory, pricing, options, image gallery...etc. And under customers you have export a list of all your customer info, or just newsletter emails.
      Orders, products and customers have import/export links.
      Actually we were more interested in backing up the complete site. We love our 3dcart store, but if something were to ever happen to them we would be crushed. Our site currently has over 1300 items on it, not to mention all the work that went in to the category pages, etc.

We have noticed very little difference in the current economy, but that doesn't mean every business is the same. I would rather be safe than sorry.

JJ
      AC Tool Supply, Inc. - Chris / Jason (JJ)
      Insulation Machines
      Infrared Camera
      Blower Door

Comment

JJ-

You can login with FTP and download it - it's under /assets/db/shop.mdb - we do a nightly backup (and do major changes on our site directly in Access).

Comment

Download of Newsletter Signups

Along the same thread,
          Is there a way to download the signups from
          Marketing>Mailing List
          (may or may not be customers)

The list available at:
          Customers>Export/Import>Newsletter Emails
          obviously has only customers.

Thanks

Comment

Working...