Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyber Monday Site Issues?

Hey all,

I KNOW this is NOT the place to put technical support issues, but I am very angry and frustrated.

Our site has been down for hours. No admin panel. Can't order on the site. Can't reach tech support. All we got was "you have a lot of traffic"

Is anyone else having this issue?????

We are also having the exact same issues. Cannot reach technical support. This is absolutely the worst day that this could have happened....

Comment

Having the exact same problem - very, very frustrating.

Site has been down and can't get into Admin Panel. :(

Comment

We were told it was just traffic...then complained very loudly and miraculously, the site was great, admin panel perfect. And we agreed to be moved to a dedicated server. Methinks there was more to this than just traffic.

It was a long day.

Comment

Wow, bummer. Did it get resolved? I know this is a busy day on Cyber Mall
          Last edited by Mark; 12-01-2008, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Rungreen - ditto, moving to dedicated server. They sell more servers - I guess it works out for them :)

We have no Christmas rush whatsoever, so I know our volume wasn't affecting things yesterday... but our site was down from 12pm central to 3pm central, at least. And then it was perfect. So something was up... but oh well. At least once we get to a dedicated server, no more blame game...

Comment

Ya.. we also had the same problem, I thought maybe traffic because 'customers'. But we called 3d, and they said, the server was down at that time.. Today, little bit slower, but much better than monday.. whats wrong? :O

Comment

We've been with 3d for about a year, and after a couple of months the traffic that was generated did cause some problems. Pretty smooth sailing since we moved to a dedicated server--I was much happier after the move. :)

Comment

yeah we have been live for about a week now and had the same outage monday morning pst. Since I just did DNS stuff to escape the "monster" at my old provider, I was reminded in the process that 3d like probably all ecommerce software providers does not run/maintain the servers physically/directly. This is farmed out to a "server farm". My server is in Texas though 3d is in Florida. So when outages happen, I am quite sure 3d is on the horn with the server farm getting caught between us and the farm.

steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Win View Post
                    yeah we have been live for about a week now and had the same outage monday morning pst. Since I just did DNS stuff to escape the "monster" at my old provider, I was reminded in the process that 3d like probably all ecommerce software providers does not run/maintain the servers physically/directly. This is farmed out to a "server farm". My server is in Texas though 3d is in Florida. So when outages happen, I am quite sure 3d is on the horn with the server farm getting caught between us and the farm.

steve
                    Most companies farm out their servers for various reasons. We have them hosted in Texas because it is centrally located in the US and is gepgraphically better for traffic reasons. Plus, Florida has a tendency to attract Hurricanes, and we'd rather they be at a location that is less prone to natural disasters. Not only that, but there are numerous technical reasons to have them hosted at a top tier provider.

Comment

uhmmm.... Texas is number 2 outta 50 as hurricanes go, hehehe! :D

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/paststate.shtml

Wyoming is probably your best bet... :D

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
                        uhmmm.... Texas is number 2 outta 50 as hurricanes go, hehehe! :D

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/paststate.shtml

Wyoming is probably your best bet... :D

SHH!!!

Tell you what, when they get the internets in Wyoming, I'll pass it on :P

I think they're still on dialup there. :p

Comment

Working...
                        X