Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List of files in a directory

Hello everyone,

I am working on my Froogle feed and Froogle has requested that for any products that I do not have an image for to leave the image url blank. Well, that is easier said than done with my setup. When I create a spreadsheet of products (usually 200-300 at a time), I list what the name of the image will be if its available. If it isn't uploaded for whatever reason, my default "image not available" pops up.

So, I am looking for an easy way to compare lists of filenames so I know if I actually have the image or not. My plan is to get a list of files in the image directory, comapare that to the froogle feed and make necessary changes when the image isn't avalable, but to do this, I need a list of the files in any given directory. How can I do this?

Any other ideas of how to tackle this problem?

Thanks!
    www.totaloutdoorsman.com - Your Total Choice for the Outdoors

I directly upload the Froogle export from the 3DC admin panel. I have a few products with a default image, but I do not change the url to blank. The url is http:\\..........notavailable.jpg.

Comment

Breeze,

Thanks for the info. I am currently not uploading all of my products because of the way they are listed in categories rather than individual products (trying to make them more search engine friendly before I submit them). So, I need to manually remove the products I do not want listed. That shouldn't be a problem, but, does the automatic feed include the stock? Froogle asked me to keep my stock updated regularly (daily) so their listings will be current.

Finally, this is something I could probably figure out if necessary, but when I downloaded 3dcart's froogle export (using the froogle plugin, not the export tool) and opened it, it appeared it it was a text file, but I couldn't figure out how to convert it to colums like I normally do with a tab, space, etc delimited file. I will need the ability to stick it in excel to delete the products I don't want showing up yet... How do you open it in excel, or have you tried since you normally submit it directly to froogle?

Thanks

Comment

Ok, I did figure out how to convert to columns... It is tab and apparently I was too tiredor something when I tried it before, because it worked like a charm just now. I still have the problem with the images. The problem is, I have an image path assigned to every product. I do this because I upload hundreds of products at a time so I have the image name the same as the product number, so I can easily have the spreadsheet figure out the proper path for the image. Then, when its uploaded, the shopping cart will automatically use my "image not available" file when it cannot find the file using the path I uploaded. So, the froogle export is just spitting out what I origionally uploaded.

Now, it may be easier said than done, but what I need is a way to get a list of what files are in a directory. Then I can use excel's lookup command to determine if the file exists or not. If not, then the image_url will be left blank, and if so, it will put the proper path in.

So, my question is, does anyone know how to get this list of files, or, do you know of an easier way to do this?

Thanks,

DCox

Comment

Someone may have a much better way, but if you do a search for "list of directory files" or similar there are several programs available. I have not used any and do not know how well they work, but one may help you out.

Comment

Dyno,

Thanks for the reply. I found one last night, and your right, it is sort of cumbersome, but it did work. Its good now!

Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X