Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Google Checkout percentage of conversions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Checkout percentage of conversions?

Those that utilize Google Checkout, care to share your conversion percentage? Just wondering how much this is used.

A few months ago Google Checkout amounted to anywhere between 15-20% of our conversions. After analyzing the incomplete orders and talking with a customer I figured out that because of how the Google Checkout button is shown on the view cart page - that a lot of people probably wrongly assumed that they had to use Google Checkout to purchase from our store.

So, I changed the text of the Proceed to Checkout button to read, "Proceed to Checkout Here" and also added the word "via" and an image of the Paypal logo along with the logos of all of the credit cards we accept underneath the Proceed to Checkout Here button and the word "via" . Underneath this I added the word "or" that sits above the Google Checkout button. Just wanted our customers to understand that they had a choice.

So, now the Google Checkout conversions are probably somewhere around 5%. I like Google Checkout, but I didn't want a potential customer to leave thinking they had to setup a Google Checkout account.

This is more than you asked for - but thought I share more of our experience. :)

Comment

Thank you for your detailed response.
      We never signed up for GC.
      Not sure how widespread it is.

Comment

I think it's definitely worth signing up for. We haven't started with PPC advertising yet with Google, but I hear it can help in having the Google Checkout button that will/can display with any ads using Google Adsense.

Comment

Thanks.
          We may look into it....

Comment

Factors in Deciding if it's worth it

I have some more questions about Google Checkout that I haven't been able to figure out. I'm still trying to decide if it's worth it.

Does having GC (Google Checkout) increase your ranking on Google Shopping/Froogle?

Are people willing to pay more to use GC? (It eats up more profit than I'd like)

If people see GC as an option, how likely are they to choose it over 3dcart's secure billing pages? (again, it cuts into my profit margin)
            Webmaster: Texas Media Systems

Comment

One big thing about Google Checkout is branding, which you may not have with your webstore. People are more likely to use something because of the brand than some no name they never heard of.

As far as ranking, it may help on the Google base product pages, but on the search pages I doubt it, and of course Google denies that it helps.

Most of the people that buy from us, use the regular checkout pages rather than going to Paypal or Google to buy.

Comment

Originally posted by TMS Clint View Post
                Are people willing to pay more to use GC? (It eats up more profit than I'd like)

If people see GC as an option, how likely are they to choose it over 3dcart's secure billing pages? (again, it cuts into my profit margin)
                Our Google stuff goes in waves, some days 50% of the orders will be Google, others just one or two.

But, if you rely on Google Adwords like we do, and link the checkout account, you get free processing for your Adwords spend. E.G. $300 in Adwords equals $3000 in free processing for the month.

The overall processing rate isn't too bad either. So, IMO, combined with the Adwords credit, I'd almost rather have the customer use Google over anything else.

DaveW

Comment

How easy was it to integrate into 3d?
                  Ray

Giftpens.com
                  AT Cross Personalized Pens

Comment

Originally posted by Giftpens.com View Post
                    How easy was it to integrate into 3d?

From what I remember - very easy.

There are tutorials available on the 3dcart support site that walk you through the Google Checkout integration step by step.

Comment

Scribetime is correct....integrating Google Checkout into your site is very, very easy. Just the fact that I have it on my site is proof enough that anyone can do it :p

Comment

Working...
                      X