Holiday "Hours" by Manufacturer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday "Hours" by Manufacturer

Many of my manufacturers are closing for the Holidays. Do any of you have advice on how to best make my customers aware that any orders placed for products made by these manufacturers will be delayed by X amount of days?

Where should I put this info? Is there an easy way to add this announcement to certain products in a bulk manner? Any ideas, suggestions, advice would help. Thanks.

Because many of our sales are from custom items that have to be made by the manufacturers, we posted a global header on our site that says,

"Holiday Shipping Notice

With the exception of Christmas Day and New Year's Day, we will remain open. All items that are shown as "in stock" will ship within 2 business days. Because our manufacturers are closed until January, we will not be able to ship any orders containing items that are shown to be out of stock until mid-January."

We actually posted another one right after Thanksgiving with the same information, but informing them that if their orders (with out of stock items) were placed before Dec. 16th we would ship by Dec. 26th. Seems to help, but every year we still have a couple of people who miss the big giant "billboard" and are upset! :(
    Last edited by rrw; 12-18-2008, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X