No Insurance on Single Page Checkout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Insurance on Single Page Checkout

I was very surprised to find we can't offer insurance if we want to use the single page checkout?

How are you handling this?

Any ideas why this feature was removed?

Update as of 01/03/09
    Per Jimmy this will be included in the first version update for 3.0

Thanks!
    Last edited by cekman; 01-03-2009, 11:13 AM.
    C Ekman
    Owner/Designer: Cobweb Corner
    http://www.cobwebcorner.com

we can't use single page checkout yet, since we had custom store language in the checkout areas and we haven't figured out how to get that into the new single page yet.

Comment

Thanks Mark!
      C Ekman
      Owner/Designer: Cobweb Corner
      http://www.cobwebcorner.com

Comment

Originally posted by cekman View Post
        I was very surprised to find we can't offer insurance if we want to use the single page checkout?

How are you handling this?

Any ideas why this feature was removed?

Update as of 01/03/09
        Per Jimmy this will be included in the first version update for 3.0

Thanks!
        Is there an update as to when this will be available?
        Steve Teske
        Director of eCommerce
        Hogan Walker LLC
        www.GreenFunStore.com
        www.GreenPartStore.com
        www.FarmFunStore.com
        www.HoganWalker.com

Comment

We are still finalizing the inclusions for the first update. We don't have a date, but as soon as they do, I will post it here!

Comment

Has this been updated? The KB stills says no insurance on 1 page checkout... I completed the insurance rates but its now showing up on my 1 page check out?

Thanks ~ Cristy

Comment

This was announced as "coming soon" 2 years ago. Safe to assume 3D couldnt figure out how to get it implemented.

Comment

Ya, called tech support and they said it is still being "considered". Bummer...

Comment

Originally posted by 3dcristywisty View Post
                  Ya, called tech support and they said it is still being "considered". Bummer...
                  That's ridiculous. This should have been implemented 2 years ago when they were teasing it. Can't tell me its good enough for the multiple page checkout but not a good enough idea for the single page checkout???? This is a half implemented feature and it should be finished up and added to the one page checkout - there are no excuses. Two years is long enough.

Comment

Honestly whats the difference. If you want just update your shipping costs to buffer an amount. The customer would not choose insurance and pay for it separately anyway. They know they are protected by easily filing a dispute if they don't get it and they know they will win so we consider insurance as a normal business expense and we just insure each package.

Comment

Originally posted by tmilone103 View Post
                      Honestly whats the difference. If you want just update your shipping costs to buffer an amount. The customer would not choose insurance and pay for it separately anyway. They know they are protected by easily filing a dispute if they don't get it and they know they will win so we consider insurance as a normal business expense and we just insure each package.
                      Really - you are kidding right?

I have done over 17,000 orders in 11 years of business and I am currently configuring my 3Dcart store while my Miva Merchant store still is running.

AT least half of my orders have the customer choosing to include insurance.

However it was a module Ihad to buy for the Miva store for $15. It also operates as an automatic opt in requiring the customer to choose not to take it. From what I understand from the developer, this is a better option as you have proof the customer declined insurance.

I have only had one customer over the years try to do a chargeback for non receipt of order when he declined insurance. I showed the cc processor the proof he declined it and they reversed the chargeback.

Sorry, but f it is true 3DCart doesn't have the feature in 1 page checkout then this is definitely something that should be implemented as it is a basic feature for any ecommerce cart.

Comment

STILL NO INSURANCE option on 1 page!

Since 2009 the insurance option has been half implemented, being only available on multipage checkout not single page. I too was SHOCKED to find this not available on the "preferred" one page checkout.

Respectfully, please complete the implementation of this half-way rolled out feature.

steve

Comment

Bring up an old topic here but is insurance still not offered on one page checkout?

Comment

Working...
                          X