Anyone Using Rewards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Using Rewards?

I've thought about it, but it looks kinda confusing. I need it to be fully automated.

Thanks!!

we looked at it briefly, but haven't set it up. A new field in the product details needs to be filled in, so, it looks like an export and and then import will be required.

Comment

We implemented this right before Thanksgiving. It was pretty easy to setup (under Settings>>General>>Store Settings).

As far as the fields in the product setup page you really only need to put something in those fields if you want to remove that product from the rewards program (disable rewards) or if you want to designate a product as a redeemable reward item (redeem points). The custom points field I believe is just there to override the default point setup under Store Settings.

After figuring out a workable formula for allocating points and creating some gift certificates, I selected a handful of products as redeemable rewards items (along with the gift certificates) and then just assigned redeem points to those.

Since I created a custom listing template, I had to go back and add the code so that customers could see how many (base) rewards points would be rewarded to them for the purchase. Since the system only lists points for the base price of the item (without the options), I added a note stating that the points would be rewarded for the amount of the options as well. The system does allocate points based on the total amount of the item (with options).

I also created an extra page called "Rewards Program" with details on the program.

Still have a lot to do to promote it.

Mark - not sure if it will meet your specific needs, but as far as we're concerned - it's fully automated and works very well once setup. Once enabled the information is added under a customers account.

Comment

yes, we have many products with different options, increasing the cost with the higher option selection. We noticed this function didn't work with rewards when you choosed a higher priced option. And, we need a formula for computing point instead of 1-1 basis, when you start to get into the higher priced tier of products. We need a non-linear algorithm, and we just haven't figured that out yet, so, that's why I said a export/import would need to be done in our case.

Comment

Hey Mark,

Not sure if I'm still misunderstanding. But I've had no problem with rewards points being allocated with the higher-priced options. It just isn't reflected (when the option is selected) under the rewards points on the product page - but does reflect under the customer's account.

Comment

yes, we would like for that to work on the product page. So we will only use the non-option items. it only leads to questions from customers.
            I think we will really be interested in the rewards program, but, we're gonna focus on the affiliate program first.
            As a side note, on the products with different price optiosn, we add the price increase in the option selection drop down. This helps customers because when you change options the price changes so quickly they think it didn't change! :)

Comment

Sribetime - I notice you give points when a customer purchases a gift certificate.

If a customer PAYS with a gift certificate do they get points on that purchase too? That is - do they get double points?

Thanks!
              C Ekman
              Owner/Designer: Cobweb Corner
              http://www.cobwebcorner.com

Comment

Originally posted by cekman View Post
                Sribetime - I notice you give points when a customer purchases a gift certificate.

If a customer PAYS with a gift certificate do they get points on that purchase too? That is - do they get double points?

Thanks!

That's a great question! And to be honest I don't know. :)
                Glad you asked, I'll have to look into that...

Comment

Problems with rewards

We are having some issues with the rewards redeem. Seems you can't choose any options (size/color) when redeeming. Many of our products have options. Anyone know how to get this to work?
                  Also, anyway for the "payment type" to display in the redeem orders invoice?

Comment

The document on the rewards states there that you can't use any product with options to redeem. Kinda dumb since they show a sweater as their example.

However they say to get around this you can offer Gift Certificates as a reward - then the customer can purchase whatever they want.

I had some things that had options - such as earrings available in multiple colors. For the redemption I chose one color, made a separate product, and offered that. I have a select number of products, then offer gift certificates at a slightly higher ratio. I obviously prefer they choose a product - as that is a bigger profit margin for me then basically giving them cash.
                    C Ekman
                    Owner/Designer: Cobweb Corner
                    http://www.cobwebcorner.com

Comment

Good idea, can you make a rewards product a "not for sale" item and then hide from view?
                      Maybe I'll try that!

Comment

That is how we will be doing the rewards points. It's a great feature in
                        3Dcart, so we will put htat to good use.

Milezone

Comment

We got our rewards program underway.
                          We will not be offering any products that have options.
                          We did things a little differently. We used .1 as a multiplier.
                          This makes the points a little closer to the actual dollar cost of the product.
                          So, for every ten dollars spent, they earn 1 point. :)
                          We even pre-populated the reward balances for some of our TOP customers and sent them a note! :D

Comment

Working...
                          X