RMA Setting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RMA Setting

Pardon me if I missed any post mentioning this topic, I can't seem to find it.

I'm testing the RMA setting and tested a dummy order. Is there any way to change the RMA numbering? I tested and it gave me RMA #1. Is there anyway to change or assign your RMA to a series of numbers or characters?

Appreciate your help!

I couldn't find any automatic settings either, but there is a way to change it under Store Language:

Your RMA number is [RmaNumber].<br>
    In few days you will receive an email with important instructions. <br>
    Please, do not ship the item(s) until you receive an authorization email from us.

It's the very last line in the "rma" section. But you would have to manually change this each time.

This isn't too good for me since I have some returns going directly to the supplier and the returns need to have THEIR RMA number, not mine.

It would be nice if this were in the RMA control panel.

Comment

Since I'm using the RMA for my customers only, I was able to work around on the "single digit" numbering and customized it to my specs. Thanks for the input.

After customizing the "number" and editing the email templates that goes when authorizing I was able to get this thing going.

This is indeed a very good feature 3dcart. Makes it easier for us and for our buyers to track their returns.

Comment

how did you edit the number?
        did you just put a prefix in front of [RmaNumber] in store language?

Comment

Originally posted by AyashiMii View Post
          Since I'm using the RMA for my customers only, I was able to work around on the "single digit" numbering and customized it to my specs. Thanks for the input.

After customizing the "number" and editing the email templates that goes when authorizing I was able to get this thing going.

This is indeed a very good feature 3dcart. Makes it easier for us and for our buyers to track their returns.
          I would seriously like to know what you did as a work around, if possible. I don't particularly care for the single digit rma number, but also I have vendors who also assign their own numbers.

Comment

folks, please, when you find a workaround or solution, please post it for others to see.

Comment

Originally posted by drhfinegifts View Post
              This isn't too good for me since I have some returns going directly to the supplier and the returns need to have THEIR RMA number, not mine.

It would be nice if this were in the RMA control panel.

This is my issues. I am finding that with the current set up of the RMA, I don't believe I will be able to use this feature. Which is a bummer, since this is always a pain when I actually have returns.

I am going to still play around with it a bit. I would be interested to know how it is working for others, and if they have a similar situation to mine, if they know a work around.

Comment

this is something I'd like to change too. Did anyone figure the fix? I'm not sure that I am too keen on just adding a prefix.

Comment

There is no fix. I tried a multitude of things and nothing worked. I put in a support ticket, and was told this is how it is...it creates its own rma numbers.

I removed from the templates anywhere where it would input the created rma number. And am going to put my own rma number in the staff comments section. And send manual emails. It is the only workaround that I have found. It's bad and I don't like it but it is the only way that I have found that would even allow me to utilize the RMA feature given we can't create our own rma numbers.

Comment

I have the same issue and would like to change the starting number of the RMA - we just tested this out a couple days ago and have not yet used it, but I'm not keen on beginning with single digits, plus with only 1 digit, it is not obvious that is the actual RMA number in the email (unless you add a prefix or whatever.)

Comment

Working...
                    X