Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We have TONS of non completed orders since migration.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We have TONS of non completed orders since migration.....

...haven't figured out why,
    Is the new version recording more uncompleted orders than the previous version?
    I think the new version is detecting more uncomplete orders than the olders version....
    Last edited by Mark; 01-11-2009, 11:43 AM.

I have just been on 3.0 since Thursday night, and I haven't noticed an increase in incomplete orders from my side.

Comment

Are you using single page checkout or the multi-page checkout? I had to switch back to the multi-page for now while we get everything else fixed as there were some problems with the single page. Our number of incomplete orders has been about the same.

Comment

we are getting about 50 a day.
        We had to keep the three page chackout for the same reasons.
        Most abandons are page 1, sometimes page 2.
        I thought the shipping calculator might not be working, but, that's not the case.
        Just seems like more abandons than we had before. Well it IS more than before, actually, just wonderring if the new version was keeping better track since the footer statistical we added to the global footer.

Comment

Mark,
          Did you get it fixed so your ADD TO CART button goes to the details screen instead of directly to the shoppping cart?

This cut our abandoned carts down by nearly 75%
          C Ekman
          Owner/Designer: Cobweb Corner
          http://www.cobwebcorner.com

Comment

yes, we got that button working the way we like it to be.
            The abandons were way up over the past weekend.
            I'll check our site stats reports (didn't think of checking that cause they're new to us!) and see if we can up with anything.

Comment

Mark - are they all abandoned at step 1? I was having carts abandoned at step 3/4 and it turned out to be a problem with my Paypal connection which support fixed for me.
              C Ekman
              Owner/Designer: Cobweb Corner
              http://www.cobwebcorner.com

Comment

yes, most are step 1.
                It just seems like alot more of these are appearing. I tend to think the "tracking" of these is better than before.

Comment

how did you

"Did you get it fixed so your ADD TO CART button goes to the details screen instead of directly to the shoppping cart?

This cut our abandoned carts down by nearly 75%"

how did you do that?

in running tests logged in at different customer levels, i noticed that if you click any of the items listed on the cart page at the bottom, you get a whole new cart once you add the new product instead of it being appended to the same cart. you have to select "continue shopping" to keep the cart alive for some reason.

Comment

I checked our conversion rate in one of our stores and it is 2.88% so I guess a lot of abandons is normal...:o

Check your settings in SETTINGS>GENERAL>STORE and there is two selections for the view cart. Not sure what total number of items in view cart is? We have the "View Cart Enabled" checked. Might try that un-checked to see what happens..

Comment

Here's discussion on the BUY button:
                      http://forums.3dcart.com/general-con...-listings.html

Comment

Working...
                      X