Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you use a custom contact us form or the CRM form?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you use a custom contact us form or the CRM form?

I was wondering what everyone else was using for the contact us form.

I tried both when designing my site and I guess I don't know how to figure some things out:

Using the CRM:

I like the CAPTCHA
    Choosing to which department to contact to
    Mandatory fields on the forms.

I couldn't figure out how to direct the e-mails to each department (If it's a product question, send it to customer service, if it's a return question, send it to claims department, if it's technical difficulties, send it to tech support, etc)
    I can't add additional fields...

Using my own form:
    I can choose which fields I need in the form

I don't have a CAPTCHA (I could copy it from the CRM form and hope it works)
    Mandatory fields (Can't make fields mandatory!)
    I can't do an e-mail validation (but I can copy the script from the CRM too)

Did you guys have any of the issues listed above?

Thanks
    Andres

I use the CRM and like it largely bc I was getting to much junk with just the regular form.

When you say you can't figure out how to direct the emails to each department, do you mean like tech support goes to [email protected]? If so, I don't think you can. I think the whole purpose is that an email is sent to you telling you their is a CRM request, but ultimately you have to log into the admin and go to CRM.

You don't actually respond thru email, so I suppose that would be why you can't direct the emails.

Comment

Originally posted by thedancingdaisy View Post
      When you say you can't figure out how to direct the emails to each department, do you mean like tech support goes to [email protected]? If so, I don't think you can. I think the whole purpose is that an email is sent to you telling you their is a CRM request, but ultimately you have to log into the admin and go to CRM.

You don't actually respond thru email, so I suppose that would be why you can't direct the emails.
      Yes, that's what I meant. That's too bad then, because I was getting notifications of a new CRM on my e-mail, I think it's more practical

Thanks
      Andres

Comment

Working...
      X