Pricing Groups: "Allow Registration"/"Auto Approve"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pricing Groups: "Allow Registration"/"Auto Approve"

There is no information on Help about what, specifically, "allow registration" and "auto approve" check boxes do when you create a price group.

I am not sure why you would not want to allow registration every. Why create a group if you don't let people use it? It is also not clear what "auto approve" is intended to do.

Finally, I noticed that the registration form generated does not make Tax ID number a required field ever. How can I make this required for wholesale accounts?

Sorry about all the questions. I really am consulting the manual first before posting! It would appear to be one version out of date.

Robert,
    You may have a "Super Best Customer Group" who gets free shipping. You dont want people to be able to signup for it, you want to assign it to your best customers. Does that make sence?

Auto Approve:
    If you have a wholesale group, and you let people register for it.
    Do you want them to be able to register and buy right away? Probably not, you are going to want to make sure they are really a wholesaler. THis is why you DO NOT auto approve. Now if you do not care about this, you can just set it to Auto approve. If you do this, i suggest you set a higher minimum order, so that you dont get every retail customer signing up for wholesale to get the discount :).

The tax id can be made required, its not by default, but we can turn it on if you need it to be. Let us know.
    ----------------------------
    Gonzalo Gil
    3dCart Support
    800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Gonzalo,
      I'd like to have three slightly different registration forms with different required field--depending on the group. Could I set up variations of register.html and put each on a different page. Then when the form is submitted I can approve and put in them in a particular group. Does that sound like the best way to implement this?

Comment

That makes sense, Gonzalo. A couple of follow ups.

I can't find a log in link on any 3dCart site so I'm not quite sure what customers see when they register to create an account. What page links to we uses to link to...
        1. Check out
        2. Empty Cart
        3. View Cart
        4. Register
        5. Log In

Also, am I correct in assuming, as dynojean does, that we can have different log in requirements and forms for different pricing groups?

Are these templates flexible enough so that we can create a template that combines "new customer registration" and "returning customer log in" on a single form?

Finally, is there a resource sheet somewhere that tells us what code to insert to generate the following:
        1. Search Fields
        2. Newsletter sign up
        3. log in
        4. registration
        5. Cart (I like the simple "you have __ items in your cart / $0.00" format.
        6. Browse By Price
        7. Browse By Manufacturer

With our Monster site, we generate these forms with html call functions (e.g., <%drawcart%>. I guess I am asking for the list of commands by which 3dcart does the same.

All this flexibility is a bit daunting (and I'll probably yell as some point about the weak documentations!), but I'm falling in love with this solution!

Comment

I can't find a log in link on any 3dCart site so I'm not quite sure what customers see when they register to create an account. What page links to we uses to link to...

1. Check out
          2. Empty Cart
          3. View Cart
          4. Register
          5. Log In
          1. checkout.asp
          2. recalculate.asp?clearcart=1 (not sure about this one)
          3. view_cart.asp
          4. register.asp
          5. myaccount.asp

Are these templates flexible enough so that we can create a template that combines "new customer registration" and "returning customer log in" on a single form?
          I added a "create new account" link on our login form and the first checkout page is set up with a create new account form and a link to login to your account for returning shoppers. I know you can customize the forms, just not sure how much.

Can't help with the rest, but I am sure Gonzalo or Jimmy will follow up.

Comment

Working...
          X