Blank Phone Numbers from PAYPAL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blank Phone Numbers from PAYPAL

Support just helped me figure out a problem that has been bugging me for some time.

I kept getting orders without a phone number. That's fine for domestic orders -but international customs forms require a phone number.

Finally we figured out it was only on PAYPAL payments that this could happen.

Jimmy had me look at my PayPal settings and we found this:

Under Account -> Profile -> Hosted Payment Settings

there is a option for phone number. It can be on(optional), on(required) or off (paypal recommended)

I had it set to on (optional) - I changed it to REQUIRED

It didn't matter if the customer already entered the phone number on the 3DCart side - it would still return the order with whatever they entered in PAYPAL (apparently).

Just FYI - I prefer to require the phone number so I can contact customers with problems and have the number for international orders.
    C Ekman
    Owner/Designer: Cobweb Corner
    http://www.cobwebcorner.com

Originally posted by cekman View Post
    Support just helped me figure out a problem that has been bugging me for some time.

I kept getting orders without a phone number. That's fine for domestic orders -but international customs forms require a phone number.

Finally we figured out it was only on PAYPAL payments that this could happen.

Jimmy had me look at my PayPal settings and we found this:

Under Account -> Profile -> Hosted Payment Settings

there is a option for phone number. It can be on(optional), on(required) or off (paypal recommended)

I had it set to on (optional) - I changed it to REQUIRED

It didn't matter if the customer already entered the phone number on the 3DCart side - it would still return the order with whatever they entered in PAYPAL (apparently).

Just FYI - I prefer to require the phone number so I can contact customers with problems and have the number for international orders.
    Thanks C for the info

It's good to know... do you know if Paypal payflow users have the same problem by any chance? I'll have to check now...

Thanks!
    Andres

Comment

Sorry -I don't know!
      C Ekman
      Owner/Designer: Cobweb Corner
      http://www.cobwebcorner.com

Comment

Working...
      X