How Do Merchants Handle Weekend Tech Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do Merchants Handle Weekend Tech Problems

I am curious about how you other store owners handle the weekend tech problem? We're not live yet, but on this Sunday we do have a problem with a part of the admin panel apparently not working. (Could be me.)

Not a problem; I can wait until tomorrow. But if the site were live, we'd be in a tough spot. I do notice that they staff is often in on weekends, but sometimes they are not.

In these situations, what do you merchants do? We can get thousands of dollars on a good weekend and would not wish to lose that!

WIth thousands of stores, I wonder if there has been any consideration of paided weekend and evening technical support. We're saving so much over what our other store costs us (we pay nearly $200 a month when all of those bills are tallied), that I would certainly be willing to pay a little bit each month for 24 hour support.

I look forward to hearing from y'all.

Your best bet is to create a support ticket, as we are always watching out for these.
    Although no phone support is available on the weekends, somone is always available to help, but you have to let us know you need help first :). I just looked and you wrote this thread first, instaed of trying to contact support :).

If you can place a support ticket, i can help you out.
    ----------------------------
    Gonzalo Gil
    3dCart Support
    800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Just saw your ticket and took care of it :)

To all:

Although we do not have staff available by phone on weekend and late nights, it does not mean your requests will take 2-3 days to be answered. Please submit a support ticket should you encounter a problem. "Site down" type of tickets will get higher priority than say general questions, but most qustions will be answered withing an hour or two the latest.
      ----------------------------
      Gonzalo Gil
      3dCart Support
      800-828-6650 x111

Comment

I did post the ticket before coming here. I'm innocent! It is reassuring to see you monitoring the forum, Gonzalo. What was the cause of my problem with the customer edit option? Did I do something wrong, such as an incorrect configuration? I'm still feeling my way around, so any education you can offer will be appreciated.

Damn, I love this cart! The power is amazing! Fast, too!
        Last edited by robert; 04-23-2006, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X