Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gift Certificates

Hi All,

I'm new here. After much reading (TOO MUCH READING. LOL!) I have decided to make a switch from MC to 3D. Some may know me as bryanag135 at other forums. I recognize quite a few people here. ;) I just signed up today and I just thought of something. How are gift certificates handled here? I can't seem to find it for the lif of me.

TIA and I look forward to chatting with all of you. I'm sure I'm going to need a lot of help getting all set up!

I have not found them either, but there is a gift certificate template, so I'm sure we've both overlooked something! I have looked at both the products and promotions page but nothing seems to be about gift certificates.

Can anyone point us lost souls in the right direction?

Comment

We do not have gift certificates at this time. This feature will be available on the next release however. In the mean time you can use coupons (make sure you allow them to be used only once).
      ----------------------------
      Gonzalo Gil
      3dCart Support
      800-828-6650 x111

Comment

I had a feeling that this would be the case. It's no biggie. I don't sell THAT many of them. My current cart has the certificates set up like a gift card where they can use a portion of it and it will automatically calculate the difference and leave a balance. Do you forsee something like this to be added soon?

Comment

Yes, this is something we are already working on and will most likely be on the next release which will be in about 2 months.
          Gonzalo Gil
          3dCart Support
          800-828-6650 x111

Comment

I hope these gift certificates are set up to be independent of site wide price discounts. Our other store is on a platform that offers gift certificates, but if you have site wide price discounts -- say, 10 percent off on orders of $100 or more -- the discount is applied to purchases of gift certificates. As such, a person would be charged $90 for a $100 gift certificate! That's not right, since these are cash instruments. Their system does not work well because they essentially treat GCs as a type of product.

Comment

Gonzalo, what else is being planned for the next version?

Comment

Originally posted by robert
                I hope these gift certificates are set up to be independent of site wide price discounts. Our other store is on a platform that offers gift certificates, but if you have site wide price discounts -- say, 10 percent off on orders of $100 or more -- the discount is applied to purchases of gift certificates. As such, a person would be charged $90 for a $100 gift certificate! That's not right, since these are cash instruments. Their system does not work well because they essentially treat GCs as a type of product.
                Yes, i can see your point. We'll have to add a checkbox to exclude a promotion from gift certificates.
                Gonzalo Gil
                3dCart Support
                800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Originally posted by robert
                  Gonzalo, what else is being planned for the next version?
                  I'll have a full list soon, we are working on a few things but not sure if all of them will make the release date, however, we'll continue on those items for the next release.

We where going to do the next release around second week of May, however, 2.1 was delayed because we added more features, and so we really wont have enough time to finish what e have planned by middle of May. We are going to push 2.2 out to end of June or early July.
                  Gonzalo Gil
                  3dCart Support
                  800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Working...
                  X