Different Shipping Options for Products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different Shipping Options for Products

We Really need this feature. Different shipment options at the individual product level. Certain products we stock locally and can send 3 day air as well as ground. All other products MUST ship ground. We get inquiries almost every few days why they can't choose 3 day air and such for certain products.
    I was thinking about setting aside certain weights for our products that can ship out expedited. For example 3 lbs, 5 lbs and 10 lbs. These weights will be assigned to the local in-stock items. So we would have UPS three-day air for weights 3, 5 and 10 and we would have UPS Ground for 0-2, 4, 6-9 and 11 +up
    Seems the only way I can come up with. Do you think this would work?

What I need

I have a suggestion too.

Some of my items can ship at the USPS flat rate shipping while others need calculated shipping by weight. I would like to be able to use both options but it appears that as it is now, one has to use one OR the other.

Bonnie

Comment

This is something that is quite tricky to arrange from a programming perspective. I know that the developers have been looking into this for a bit.

I'll let you know of any updates

Comment

Shipping Options

I have a definite need to be able to apply different shipping options to individual products or at least to product categories. I need to be able to restrict certain shipping options from these products/categories. I have seen that several others have this need and I am wondering if anyone has any solutions other than trying to play with the weight and use a shipping by weight option. This will get very tricky and hard to manage.

Comment

We need this too. It would put 3dCart at another level if they would implement this at both the individual item and category level.
          Luxlife

Comment

I don't quite see what is tricky about this from a programming perspective (though maybe from the current implementation it will be tricky). Products have a per unit shipping cost attribute in the tables. When the shipping calculator script is run, add the number of units * product_shipping_attr for each item to the total.

Better yet, just modify the "Shipping markup" in the product options to be something that scales with quantity. That way at least a person could hack it by created a shipping option of $0.00 and the markup gets added for each product.

Comment

Working...
            X