Assigning Shipping Method

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assigning Shipping Method

Ok, dumb question here, but in V2.2 you could change the shipping method when you updated an order. I offer free shipping on a lot of products and ship it whatever is the cheapest. This is usually USPS, but can vary depending on the site and if I ship it from a drop-shipper.

When an order shiped, I used to be able to switch it from free shipping to whatever I wanted. I cannot seem to find this functionality anymore.

Am I missing it, or has it been removed? If it has been removed, how can I put tracking informaiton in for the customer to track their package?

Thanks!
    www.totaloutdoorsman.com - Your Total Choice for the Outdoors

On the edit order page, you can choose the small edit button on either side at the top of the page. One edits the shipping info, the other edits the billing info.
    Hope this helps.
    We use it on every order to format the information uniformly.

Comment

Cool, thanks for the info! It appears that 3dcart figures out what the shipping method is when the tracking number is put in (at least on the track order page). I was concerned about overriding this in the shipping information by just typing it in because the software might not recognizes the method. However, after playing with it, it ignores the shipping method I put in (that is just for the customer to see, not for the software to use), it used the tracking number to figure out what carrier it was shipped with.

Thanks!

Comment

Yes, I think the shipping method you type in is only used on the invoices and emails.
        The tracking page will recognize the tracking number and display the proper carrier.
        Also, we use this to change the carrier printed on the invoice. Since only ONE of our distrubtors use Fed Ex and all the rest use UPS, we change it on orders for that one distributor. Wish would could setup shipping methods based on product or distributor. :-(
        Last edited by Mark; 03-04-2009, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Yea, that would be awesome. Most of mine offer only UPS, but my primary offers UPS and USPS. USPS is usually cheaper for smaller items. I would love to offer it, but cannot since only one supplier offers USPS.

Comment

Working...
          X