Feature charge at checkout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature charge at checkout

Ok, I stumped myself on this one, does anyone have a solution??

I want to add an option during checkout so a customer can request rush processing of their order for an extra $6, and that amount will be added to the order total real time.

Any ideas on this one??

I would try creating (copying an existing shipping method) a shipping method and add the expedite charge as a "markup". Instead of a markup of a 'percentage' you can use a $6 amount. Then title the shipping method something like: "shipping method with rush in-house processing" :p

Comment

That is an idea, but its not something I would want to do. I thought about using the insurance option to do it with, but that wouldn't be ethical.:D

I'll come up with something someday.............

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean, then.

Maybe try the insurance part and reword the store language or alter the template to change the wording.

Or, you could add a required checkout question.
        Something like, check this box (yes/no) for expedited handling (an addtional $6 surcharge will apply)
        Last edited by Mark; 03-04-2009, 05:52 PM.

Comment

I was going to do the checkout question thing, but I want the amount to be added to the total so when their credit card is charged, its already in there.

But, I did find two possible solutions.
          I can go into the template and modify the code to make it do what I want

or

I can use the insurance option, change the wording through store language and do it that way.

something to think about...........

And thanks for your help on this

Comment

Working...
          X