Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Override Payment Options on Phone Order

Hi,

I occassionally get an order from someone I trust (usually know them personally) and will accept a check or cash. I would like to use the phone order feature to input their orders so that they can check the status online. However, since I do not accept cash or checks online, it will not allow me to override the payment to input the order.

Is there a way to tell the admin panel that the order has been paid so that it will take the order?

Thanks!
    www.totaloutdoorsman.com - Your Total Choice for the Outdoors

OK, found a work around I think.

Leave the order as "not complete", then edit the order to "unpaid" which I think is the only option availbe in the status drop down if the order is not complete. Then, once it is saved as "unpaid" you can change its status to whatever you want (shipped, in process, partially shipped, etc).

Anyone else had to do this?

Comment

Couldn't you create a payment method called cash/money order and set the Customer Group to PhoneOrders - that way it will only show when you do a phone order and won't display for your normal online orders.
      C Ekman
      Owner/Designer: Cobweb Corner
      http://www.cobwebcorner.com

Comment

Wow, excellent option. I'll give that a try. Thanks!

This will also solve the problem of using the phone order with PayPal Pro (see my other post). Paypal doesn't like the idea of using the 3dcart admin panel, they would rather I use their Virtual Terminal. I could use that payment option there too, although it is more work for me...

Comment

Working...
        X