Sorting: Does it work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorting: Does it work?

Sure, there's a drop-down on the front end that allows you to sort products by price:low to high, price:high to low, name, newest. However, the back end leads me to believe I can sort the category results in any order I determine (by assigning a number to each product). At least, that's what PRODUCTS >> SORTING appears to be.

I cannot get it to work. The items will not change order. I tried removing the front-end sorting drop-down menu through SETTINGS >> GENERAL >> STORE SETTINGS, but that didn't change my sorting either.

Has anyone been able to change their sorting effectively? Using the SORTING function or otherwise?
    Webmaster: Texas Media Systems

Yes, we added custom sort options! :)
    Go to PRODUCTS>EDIT ORDER BY and use the extra field_X options. Then, in the product description, assign a value for the extra field_X
    We used manufacturer. That way they can sort by manufacturer.
    DO NOT alter any of the existing sort options, you will make them no longer work.

Comment

Many thanks, but...

I can see how useful that is, thank you. I can use that as a work around if necessary, but I just spent a good amount of my friday organizing my largest category of products in the order I thought would give me the best turnover. Otherwise the order is arbitrary; I would have to assign a number value to each product and then name the sorting something dubious like "best deals."

Again, I'm not vehemently opposed to doing that, but I would like to know if anyone has gotten PRODUCTS >> SORTING (3dcart backend) to work. Am I expecting it to work in a way it just doesn't? How does one utilize this section?

Comment

Nevermind

Nevermind, I found the answer in the Knowledgebase. In case anyone else is curious:
        *Note: If you choose a specific default sorting for the category page, i.e. Price: Low to High (This is done in the Products -> Category section), the default sorting will override the product sort display you set in the Products -> Sorting section.
        The Full Knowledgebase Entry

Comment

Thanks for posting your findings; I've been trying to figure this one out, too!

Comment

Working...
          X