Free Shipping doesn't work properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Shipping doesn't work properly

We have one item that has free shipping. When checking out, it does find a free shiiping option.
    However, if there is an another item without free shipping in the cart, the shipping will calculate shipping for BOTH items combined. Is there a setting to correct this? :(

This means that you have weight listed for that item. When combined with another item, the cart will automatically combine the weight and calculate. Put the weight to 0 for the free shipping item and you should be fine.

Comment

Actually, I thought of that and I tried that.
      Same result.
      You cannot have a zero for the weight. The shipment method uses zero as the least expensive weight. ie: 1 lb.
      So, if I have zero for both items, it selects 2 lbs for UPS. :(
      If you know a way to make this work, let me know.
      Thanks.

Comment

Mark,

Can you put together an order that shows an example of this, open a support ticket and give us the order #?

I want to have a tech look into this.

Thanks!

-Robb

Comment

I'd like to, but, just our luck, a customer will try to buy, just like the complaint we received earlier. Do you have a demo cart?
          I've made changes before, and just to Murphy's Law....along comes a customer!!!!!
          Last edited by Mark; 03-26-2009, 10:06 AM.

Comment

I think I may have found the problem. Let me check further and get back to everyone.

Comment

I found out the issue. :) The products were marked as "Ships by iteself".
              What this would do is add a seperate "box" for the order. This would ship with your UPS method because it was a seperate box and even if the weight was set to zero, it will ship as minimum weight (1lb). For each item with free shipping would add another box to the order, increasing the ship cost. Hope this helps someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
                I found out the issue. :) The products were marked as "Ships by iteself".
                What this would do is add a seperate "box" for the order. This would ship with your UPS method because it was a seperate box and even if the weight was set to zero, it will ship as minimum weight (1lb). For each item with free shipping would add another box to the order, increasing the ship cost. Hope this helps someone.
                FANTASTIC!!

I'll pass this on to support and have them create an article for it.

Glad to see its working.

Comment

Working...
                X