Default shipping method

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default shipping method

I have a "samples only free shipping" option. This will only sort as the default since the amount is $0. So, even though I have made it very clear that the free ship option is only for samples, at least once a week someone with full sized products leaves it at the "samples only free shipping". Then I have to paypal invoice them for the shipping. I am thinking of getting rid of it as a ship option and just making it a coupon code. My samples are sub-products so there is no way to set them as free shipping. Any suggestions or anyone else had a similar problem?

I have mentioned this to support so hopefully they will include the ability for us to choose a default shipping method in the next version.

Have you considered adding a custom rule where that option only shows when the purchase amount is less than XX ... I think you'd have to make it $1 as I don't think it would work with 0. But that would make it so it only appears for orders that qualify.

Comment

bye bye free sample shipping

Thanks for the suggestion. :) But that won't work.

I received 2 orders this morning. Both had NO samples. And both chose the free shipping for samples only. I am getting rid of this option until 3dcart makes it possible for us to choose a default shipping rate no matter the value.

Comment

Hmmm....

Couldn't you make those samples a certain weight, say 180 lbs? Then, that sub-sku would be 180 lbs, and you would have a "Free" custom option that would only come up on order totals of $180.

We have done something like this successfully, with Jimmy's help.

Comment

Working...
        X