Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Reviews?

Ladies and Gents,

Anyone ever tried video reviews? I'd love to offer it for customers. I would think I would need a custom button that I could use to upload them to a certain product, and that this would need to be set up in the template.

Anyone?

Sounds like a neat idea, but keep in mind that video content isn't crawled for SEO purposes.

An effective use of video that I have seen is by stores using it in their product descriptions to show off a product.

Comment

It is true that search engines wont spider the content, however you can pay somebody on eLance a VERY small fee to transscribe what is spoken and embed it in the testimonial page, and wham, instant accessability.

Comment

I think that's a great idea! We're starting to develop some videos as well, but they are product installation instructional videos, for our customers to see how to install a product. I really like the testimonial idea too! Keep us posted or post your link so we can check it out when you do it. :D
        (¯`v´¯)
        `*.¸.*´

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
        (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•
        * P£†®ª *

Shadow Trailers
        www.TrailerandTruckParts.com
        www.Trailer-Wheels.com
        www.iTrailerParts.com

Comment

Originally posted by MissHTML View Post
          I think that's a great idea! We're starting to develop some videos as well, but they are product installation instructional videos, for our customers to see how to install a product. I really like the testimonial idea too! Keep us posted or post your link so we can check it out when you do it. :D
          After having a supplier connect me with their Youtube channel, I found that embedding the vid in the product description is the way to go.

Keep people on your site, and give them reason to think you are serious about what you are doing and selling!

Comment

Originally posted by Rungreen View Post
            After having a supplier connect me with their Youtube channel, I found that embedding the vid in the product description is the way to go.

Keep people on your site, and give them reason to think you are serious about what you are doing and selling!
            I agree, that is the way to go. We have a customer who is using it as a review for each product, and why they are offering it in their store. It gives a sense of "This product was tested by us, and selected to provide to you".

Comment

Working...
            X