No Longer Accepting Mail Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Longer Accepting Mail Order

Unfortunately, due to the scamming nature of the online community, we no longer accept, process or entertain mail orders, checks, money orders or any order other than credit card.
    We were recently charged a $30 fee as well as the loss of the order price for a fraudulent check.
    It just really leaves a bad taste in the mouth that there are still the scum scammers out there that spoil the experience for all.
    Folks, if you wish to pay by check, go elsewhere please. Thank you! :(

As a result of fraudeulent checks, we will be reporting to the fraud check databases companies, but were just wonderring if you post "Bad Check Companies" on your website like the brick and mortar stores do? This helps alert other merchants of fraud and scam customers.

Comment

I stopped accepting checks over a year ago due to foreigners using it as a back door to get their order through our system. Apparently they think I'm gonna ship to them even though our policy is we do not ship outside the USA. I've also encountered some non-internet companies that will not accept checks, especially in the larger cities.

Comment

The bank has forwarded us the proof of the fraudulent check.
        We will be filing the fraudulent check scheme with the the adgencies that track check fraud. What this does, we understand, is prohibit the check writer from ever obatining a checking account again.
        :D

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
          The bank has forwarded us the proof of the fraudulent check.
          We will be filing the fraudulent check scheme with the the adgencies that track check fraud. What this does, we understand, is prohibit the check writer from ever obatining a checking account again.
          :D

Well, its not quite that written in stone. The bank they are applying to has to use their system. And there is a shelf life on that notification. It just a few years. SO yeah, it does help, but its not something that will stop them from EVER getting a checking account.

Comment

I used to use a Check by Phone/PC type of system a few years back that would basically guarantee a check if it met their approval tests. Had one instance where they approved it, we deposited the check and it was rubber. We got all our money from the company.

Comment

Yes, we've had a bad $650 check and a check from a dead guy for $150 in the last 5 months. Bad.

I take it a step further. Usually I send a UPS truck to their home 3 times, knowing they won't return it, but it's worth the fee. Then I call them, email them, or whatever.

For both of the above, i'm about to contact the sheriff. If someone walked into a Wal-mart and stole $150 worth of goods, they'd go to jail. Why should this be any different?

Comment

It's just disheartening that the scammers are still prevalent and spoiling the experience for all. We were 1st and foremost customer service oriented, but, we have been scammed too often to offer service to those that choose not to "order over the internet" ..... :rolleyes:
                In this day and age, if you are still hand writing checks, don't have an email address and can't place an order online, we really can't fit you into our customer base. Phone orders are all good and well, but, you are still supplying your information to an "unknown". :cool:

Comment

It is pretty sad. We had someone send a check for $300 for items with personalization. The customer filled out everything for the two items online and then printed and mailed us the product page (with options typed in) along with a check. It was pretty surprising since this was the first check and mail order we received after (at the time) being in business for two years. The customer also didn't include an email address on the order for us to contact them.

After a bad $1000 fraudulent situation years ago in a previous business - We were determined to wait until the check cleared before shipping any items. The teller told me that there would be a "hold" placed on the check since the account (at another bank in another state) was flagged as a "high-risk" account. Three days later we learned that the check had bounced and that our account had been charged $9. The bank tried a couple more times to clear the check until learning that the account had been closed.

So...all that to say - that it is pretty disheartening dealing with scammers and having to alter policies to protect ourselves.

Comment

That's exaclty what happened to us.
                    We don't take mail order, they just printed a copy of their cart items and mailed a check. No email. They signed for their deliveries.
                    We have sent legal notice to their address.

Comment

Working...
                    X