Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Promotions Question

Is there anyway to have a promotion like this:

Buy $50 in product from Categories A, B, C, D, E, F, and/or G . . .

and get 50% off all products in category H.

Sure...

On the top section specify categories:
    A, B, C, D, E, F, G

Set the order amount 50-9999
    item count 0-9999 (as you dont care how many they buy)

On the bottom, enter 50 % and select category H
    Basically "Get 50% off anything in category H"
    ----------------------------
    Gonzalo Gil
    3dCart Support
    800-828-6650 x111

Comment

I think I've got the logic down! This is so cool! We can sell certain items that we get from other companies at cost, but only to customers willing to buy a little bit our our own product!

I have two questions. (1) What does the "specified items only" checkbox do? (2) Are subcategories automatically included when we select the category, or do we have to add the subcategories too?
      Last edited by robert; 05-02-2006, 08:30 PM.

Comment

I have two questions.
        (1) What does the "specified items only" checkbox do?

On the top section where you specify the rules, you can make the rule say order must be over $50.00 for rule to apply. The checkbox next to that means "It must be over $50 but only counting the items which apply to this promotion". In your previous question i failed to tell you that you would want to turn this on, as if it was not on, somone with a $50 purchase, and at least 1 product in those categories would apply for the promotion. If you wanted to make sure the $50 was spent specifically on the categories you selected, then you must check the box.

(2) Are subcategories automatically included when we select the category, or do we have to add the subcategories too?

No sub categories are not automatically added.
        ----------------------------
        Gonzalo Gil
        3dCart Support
        800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Set the order amount 50-9999
          item count 0-9999 (as you dont care how many they buy)
          I had asked support about being able to show "50 or more" instead of "50-9999" on the product page, but apparently it has to have a beginning and ending number. I looked at the template to see if I could change it there but don't think it's possible.
          I would like to see this in a future update. Something like when the ending number is "infinity" quantity would read "50 or more" or even "50 +".
          My .02

Comment

That would look a bit more professional. I agree with the "or more" suggestion...

Gonzalo, I tried to write a promotion but when I tested it, I did not see a discount in "View Cart." The price was the regular price for a product in the category that should have been discounted.

My best guess is that I did something wrong (I'm good at that!), so I'll keep tinkering.

My question is, when/where in the check out process is the customer shown the reduced price?

Comment

I just checked mine, Robert, thinking it was working fine and I could be of help. However, when I put 10 items (regular price $7.50/qty price $7.00) into cart, it shows 10 items at $.00. Wonder what I screwed up! Guess I'll be tinkering as well.

Comment

One thing I've learned....if you make a change via the admin panel and you do not see the expected results: log out of your site (not the admin panel) then log back in. I set up a promotion and did not see the discounts applied. After a few emails to Gonzalo, he figured out that I need to log out and back into my site. I did this, then tried the checkout. It worked great.

Comment

Apparently I had "percentage" checked so it gave something like a 700% discount which is why the product showed up as .00 in the cart. Jimmy fixed it for me.

Comment

Working...
                  X