Disable PO BOX as shipping address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disable PO BOX as shipping address

Does anyone know how to disable PO BOX addresses in the shipping field? Is there such an option?

I ship only via UPS, and offer free shipping if the customer spends more than $50 (set this up as a custom shipping)

UPS can't ship to PO Boxes...

Thanks!
    Andres

Yea, some people are soooo dumb. They say "why can't UPS ship to a PO box?" I kinda laugh about it........

Anyway, you can put a message in bold letters on your cart page where that is relevant, or maybe use a checkout question as a condition.

Comment

"Anyway, you can put a message in bold letters on your cart page where that is relevant, or maybe use a checkout question as a condition" and this helps, how? :cool:
      Kidding. ;)

No matter how much you state that you don't do something, they will come. :rolleyes:

Comment

Thanks for the ideas...

I figured I would put it next to the address field, in RED BOLD letters....

but just like Glenn stated before.... sometimes some people are soooooooooooooo dumb!

I guess it's impossible to make a site that's dumb-proof for the lack of better description...
        Andres

Comment

Andres,
          I can write you a script that would pop up an alert message if the visitor puts certain keywords into the address box, like "p.o." or "box".

PM me if you'd be interested.

Comment

That actually sounds like a good idea. I'll see if I can write one up myself.

Thanks for the idea!
            Andres

Comment

Working...
            X