Customers can't complete orders with PayPal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customers can't complete orders with PayPal

For a few months now I've had customers email me to tell me they can't complete their orders when paying via PayPal. This appears to be random and does not affect everyone - as I have many other customers who DO complete their orders.

I have gone through all of the right channels with 3DCart and have submitted multiple copies of customer emails, etc. to the tech support dept. They have tested it on their end - but of course everything works fine for them.

They will not contact my customers to try to get additional information and basically have told me there is nothing they can do.

Now - one of my best customers who has purchased MANY times cannot complete her order.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has run into this and if you might have found a solution?

Basically - it appears to be that the customer selects PayPal payment option - then the screen goes 'blank or black' and they are taken right back to their order. I'm not sure if they are allowed to try to login to PayPal or not - but they basically end up in a loop and cannot get to their PayPal account to complete the order.

I'm sure I've had many more customers not take the time to tell me and just leave.

Any ideas? Tech Support doesn't seem to be able to help on this one. If it can't get resolved I'll have no choice but to leave 3DCart when my contract expires - which I DON'T want to do - so any help is much appreciated.
    C Ekman
    Owner/Designer: Cobweb Corner
    http://www.cobwebcorner.com

Time for a merchant account?

Comment

Originally posted by PistolAccents.com View Post
      Time for a merchant account?
      Why would I need a merchant account? I don't have any trouble with credit card payments?

It's only when the customer wants to pay via PayPal that I sometimes have troubles. Even if I had a separate merchant account I would still want to offer the option to pay via PayPal.
      C Ekman

Comment

Get the Paypal Pro - it's only $30 a month, and your customers will stay on your site to complete the payment. My sales have probably quadrupled since I changed from the regular Paypal to Paypal Pro.

Comment

Originally posted by drhfinegifts View Post
          Get the Paypal Pro - it's only $30 a month, and your customers will stay on your site to complete the payment. My sales have probably quadrupled since I changed from the regular Paypal to Paypal Pro.
          I do have PayPal Pro - that's the one that doesn't work half the time.
          C Ekman

Comment

Are you sure? With Paypal Pro, the customer doesn't need to login to their Paypal account-they just enter their credit card info on the checkout page. IT looks just like a regular merchant account to the customer.

Comment

Originally posted by drhfinegifts View Post
              Are you sure? With Paypal Pro, the customer doesn't need to login to their Paypal account-they just enter their credit card info on the checkout page. IT looks just like a regular merchant account to the customer.
              Yeah - I'm pretty sure :) I pay $30 a month and when I go into my Payment Settings for online methods it says PAYPALPRO

You still get two options - one to pay by credit card and one to pay by PayPal - this allows the customer to pay with their PayPal balance if they prefer.

If they choose to pay by credit card then you are correct - they do not need to log into their PayPal account.
              C Ekman

Comment

Working...
              X