Help us determine file size for images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help us determine file size for images

Okay, so we have a product, and listed three images for it.
    When the listing page displays, the thumbnails indicate 30K for each image, however, the images are thumbnails. Are the images really that large or is just the properties displayed based on the original image size?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Mark; 07-11-2009, 09:26 AM.

How about a link to the page so we can see what you mean....
    ----------------------------
    Gonzalo Gil
    3dCart Support
    800-828-6650 x111

Comment

When I go to this page: http://www.ht-accessories.com/Movie-...rays_p_17.html and "right-click" on the images with IE7 the "properties" of each of the three smaller thumbnails are over 32K. Is this a browser issue? When I look at the properties of the thumbnail size images in the admin panel for the products, they are around 6K in size. I am just wondering the actual page download size.
      Thanks!

Comment

Ok, i see that the template you are using is loading the large images, so that when clicked, the image is already downloaded. And so to answer your question, yes, if a visitor went into that page, they are essentially downloading all 3 images in full.

The latest templates use a script we have that makes thumbnails in real time, you would call it like;

thumbnail.asp?file=/assets/images/GreatWestern/FFFtray.jpg&maxx=100

or on the template

thumbnail.asp?file=[image1]&maxx=100

Or you can copy the latest template from /common/ folder which i think already has that in place.
        ----------------------------
        Gonzalo Gil
        3dCart Support
        800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Okay, I think I understand. So it is downloading the entire filesize to allow for an instant rendering of the image when clicked? So the newer template would save bandwidth, essentially, unless the pictures are clicked?
          I saw this same issue on that jewelry site. That may help them, too.
          Thanks a bunch! :)

Comment

Working...
          X