Split Shipment Notifications Not Being Sent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Split Shipment Notifications Not Being Sent

Anyone having any success getting the system to send out the automatic "Partially Shipped" email?

After you split the order and mark part of it "shipped" it's supposed to send out an email to let customer know. We found that the email that was being generated did not have any order or tracking data in it and it wasn't actually getting sent out anyway.

Checking the "view email" shows you an email you may think got sent, but it didn't.

Trouble ticket response indicated it would be fixed in "next update" but it's still not working. Is it working for anyone?

We have used this in the past and it worked for us, but, we stopped using it. The email didn't go out automagically, however. We would split the shipment, then, enter the tracking number for those items that had shipped and saved changes. Then back at the main order page, we would mark the order as "partially shipped" and then check the "notify" checkbox and save changes. this is what would actually send the email. But, like I said, we stopped this because we found customers didn't like "intermediary" emails. They just wanted a final email confirming order was complete.

Comment

That's a good point about the intermediary - that's exactly why we stopped using the "processing" email. Buyers get the ack to let them know we have the order and then they get the 'shipped' email. But because split shipments have multiple tracking numbers, we think the "partially shipped" email makes sense.

Trouble is, the one in the system says "partially shipped" but then recaps the entire order! Client looks at it and thinks "what's partially shipped about that? It's my whole order."

I don't think we were clicking the notify box though (it's a pain to have to remember when a status change will automatically send email and when we should be using that check box). I'll have to investigate - run a test transaction - will report back.

Comment

The email won't show tracking numbers for those items that haven't shipped.
        We found it was better just to refrain from "partial" shipment notifications. They can always check their account for status.

Comment

The partially shipped has never automatically sent out an email. You have to click the notify box.

Maybe a month or so ago, I noticed that the partially shipped emails were not correct, they didn't include the tracking information for the portion of the order that did ship. And the preview of the partially shipped email was not correct either. I put in a help ticket, and they fixed it. I haven't had any problems with this feature since.

Comment

Originally posted by SarahInc View Post
            The partially shipped has never automatically sent out an email. You have to click the notify box.
            Yes, this is what we just learned.

Originally posted by SarahInc View Post
            Maybe a month or so ago, I noticed that the partially shipped emails were not correct, they didn't include the tracking information for the portion of the order that did ship. And the preview of the partially shipped email was not correct either. I put in a help ticket, and they fixed it. I haven't had any problems with this feature since.
            This is exactly the problem description we submitted as a ticket in early June - their response to us was "we see the problem you describe and will add it to the list for the next update."

We notice now that clicking notify when the first shipment ships, sends out a correct email (even though the preview is still wrong). HOWEVER, when the 2nd shipment ships, clicking notify sends out the SAME email as the first time around - showing the 1st shipment as shipped and the 2nd shipment as not-shipped.

Then, marking the entire order shipped did NOT send out an email the way it's supposed to - had to go back and click notify on that one too.

Do 'this' and you have to click notify; do 'that' and you DON'T have to click notify; do 'this' THEN 'that' and you DO have to click notify...it's messy and not efficient or useful.

And sorry, but it's seriously annoying that system issues like this are found regularly by folks, submitted as tickets, fixed for that person and not fixed in the system. I can't count how many times I see people post a problem to the forum which I already submitted as a ticket and had fixed. Then Support posts to tell the person to submit a ticket. Why does that person have to submit a ticket? (The reverse is true too - I find a problem in our cart, search the forums, see that someone else posted it ages ago and was told to submit a ticket and ostensibly it was fixed, for them. Why am I then having that same problem and having to submit my own ticket?)

A lot of these issues are systemic, not user specific. So you don't notice that your system is sending out the wrong emails and because you didn't submit a ticket, you are going to continue to unknowingly send out the wrong emails even though someone else already submitted it and got it fixed for themselves? How does that make sense?
            Last edited by JustPoppin; 07-17-2009, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Thanks to "folks" like you and other 3dcart's users, we're able to identify these issues, correct them in the system and deploy in the next version update to everybody.

So we really appreciate that any user that finds an issue in their system takes the time to open a support ticket and let us know about the problem. In this way we can correct it on the site experiencing the problem immediately and add it to the list of updates for the next version deployment.

Comment

Originally posted by jim View Post
                Thanks to "folks" like you and other 3dcart's users, we're able to identify these issues, correct them in the system and deploy in the next version update to everybody.

So we really appreciate that any user that finds an issue in their system takes the time to open a support ticket and let us know about the problem. In this way we can correct it on the site experiencing the problem immediately and add it to the list of updates for the next version deployment.

If that's what's happening "behind the scenes" then that's great. It just doesn't seem to have been our experience all the time. But it's good to know that is your goal.

So, in this case, it seems that we submitted a ticket and were told "it'll be fixed in the future". SarahInc submitted a ticket and got it fixed. Ours is still broken. I guess we'll reopen our ticket.

Comment

Working...
                X