Import Utility just sitting...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import Utility just sitting...

I'm having absolutely no luck in importing products. I have about 300 products to import but the import utility gives me the following error after selecting the file, selecting Import and Update:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0007'

Out of memory

/admin/import_products.asp, line 208

So I did a test with a csv file with only 3 products. The import utility seemed to go through without an error, the status window informing me that the import is in progress has been up for about an hour now with no results.

I'm on a Mac using Safari, is that a problem?

Is there someone who can look at my excel/csv file and let me know what I'm doing wrong?

thanks
    holley

Where is your file?
    How can we view it?
    All I know is, 2 MB is max for file size. you cannot upload anything larger.

Comment

A common problem that causes this is that your file is perhaps made on a MAC and so to a PC (like the server) the file is all in 1 line instead of

ITEmid,NAME,PRICE
      ITEmid,NAME,PRICE

its like

ITEmid,NAME,PRICE,ITEmid,NAME,PRICE

and so that will make the import not work correctly.

Can you open the file using a TEXT editor and make sure that indeed, each record is in its own line?

PC editors do this too sometimes if you don't specify the CSV (DOS) option.
      ----------------------------
      Gonzalo Gil
      3dCart Support
      800-828-6650 x111

Comment

That was it!

That was it! Thanks! In excel for the Mac there is an option to save as a "Windows Comma Separated (.csv) And it didn't give me the error!

Thank you thank you thank you!!

holley

Comment

Working...
        X