This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Loading Times

I have been setting up my store and have spent hours and hours with it, and am getting very long load times. Some times pages load right up, other times it just hangs there for several seconds (not being overly nit-picky, they are really unacceptable loading times.) This is occurring on the front end and back end.

I'm on FF3 on Vista, and I work with several websites constantly which all seem to behave normally while I'm getting these long loads, so I don't believe it has anything to do with my connection speed.

I have been doing a lot of updates to settings and the template and such, so I wonder if it's just processing that, but then I'll try to load up a page again right after it took forever, and it will take forever again.

Just one of several examples: on the back end I update a static page, add some new content, and click the update button, which goes fine, then I simply click the "back" button to return to my list of pages and it takes 40 seconds to go back.

Like I said this is occurring on the front end too.

I'll certainly submit a ticket, but thought I'd throw this out there to see if anyone else has experienced it and if there is some "quick fix" that I am not aware of.

Thanks!

Mike
    www.KarensCookies.net
    Cookie Decorating Simplified

I experience the same thing when in the back end. I don't see it from the store itself. Especially when I use the back button also. Don't know of a fix. It might just be the load on shared servers.

Comment

Thanks for the response.

Ok, starting to find a few more threads on the topic:

http://forums.3dcart.com/general-con...in-speeds.html

http://forums.3dcart.com/general-con...nse-times.html

Suppose I'm glad I'm not alone :)

I will contact support and hopefully get it settled.
      www.KarensCookies.net
      Cookie Decorating Simplified

Comment

One thing I just recently noticed...If you go into admin via IE7, it is MUCH faster than FF3. I've used both browsers on the exact same PC, and IE7 blazes, whereas FF3 is slow as molasses. I only noticed this because we have IE7 on our laptop at home because my wife likes it...so I logged into the admin one day and noticed it ran incredibly faster than it ever does at the office.

Comment

This is most likely an issue with your specific account, a ticket is the best way to get to the bottom of it as the chances that others on the forum are on your same machine is not likely, and even so, they wouldn't be able to help you troubleshoot much.

Sometimes its a network lag between you and the server, it could be the database corrupted, it could be high load on the server, sometimes its the actions you are doing, ie. If you are importing products at the same time as browsing the store, it may be a little slower.
          ----------------------------
          Gonzalo Gil
          3dCart Support
          800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Working...
          X