Zoomify

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoomify

I believe we we have the ability to add the zoomify feature to our images. Does anybody know how to use or configure this feature? I'm looking to add it to several of my items. Thank you.

Jeff

I ended up not using it, but had gotten some help from Gonzalo in testing it out for our site, so here is a quick summary of the support info:

https://www.YOUR_SITE.com/yoj/zoomify.asp?catalogid=[catalogid]&=http://[imagepath]/assets/images/sample/6424.jpg

where [catalogid] could be any ID of any product (Database ID the id you see on the product page URL), and then the full path to the image in the assets/images folder. in this case, the software will look for image 6424.jpg in the /zoomify folder as well, if it finds it, it will show the zoomify version if not, it will just show the image itself. Remember to replace the YOUR_SITE with your domain.

If you dont want to have the name of the product up top, just change the template, its located under /web/assets/templates/common/zoomify/

Remember to put the high resolution image in: /web/assets/zoomify/

Note: Zoomify only works with jpg images

Comment

Thanks for passing along the info. I'm going to play around with it and see what I can come up with. Wish me luck!

Jeff

Comment

anyone know how to change the default zoomifyViewer.swf ???

i tried replacing the swf in the common/zoomify folder with no luck...

Comment

Originally posted by bristweb View Post
          anyone know how to change the default zoomifyViewer.swf ???

i tried replacing the swf in the common/zoomify folder with no luck...
          here is my understanding...please if anyone knows more please let us know! it appears the flash being updated simply because i didn't bother to clear my cache.

in the templates/common folder is the zoomify templates folder. you can customize these files to give a different zoomifyViewer.swf or different flash all-together.

so if you want a nicer zoomify, it is as simple as replacing zoomifyViewer.swf with one of your own...easy to find on the web.

Comment

Image filename requirements!

I don't see this anywhere in the documentation, so I had to post it here. Make sure that there are no spaces or special characters in the original photos filename!!

Comment

Working...
            X