Not requiring login at checkout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not requiring login at checkout?

During the checkout process, is there a way to disable the required login for customers who have previously registered?

I know there are benefits to both the customer and merchant for requiring login, but I'd still like to know if it's possible.

Thanks for any help.

Store settings > Checkout settings There are a number of different options. Require password, Require e-mail etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
      Store settings > Checkout settings There are a number of different options. Require password, Require e-mail etc.

Thanks for responding, but I still didn't see what I'm looking for. Right now if a returning customer tries to checkout without logging into their account - they receive an error message that says, "Please login into your account" - or something similar.

It probably makes better sense to keep it as is (require login). But I'm wondering if others require this and if anyone has received feedback from customers on this?

Comment

Once they've created a password with a specific email the must enter the password every time they check out.

On the multi-page checkout it just asks for it right there - not sure about singe page.
        C Ekman
        Owner/Designer: Cobweb Corner
        http://www.cobwebcorner.com

Comment

Working...
        X