Subcategories are not showing in nav and Caching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subcategories are not showing in nav and Caching

I'm working with support on this as well, but thought I'd post it here as well, in hopes that someone might have some ideas.

My subcategories in my nav weren't showing up after I turned on the "enable cache" function. After writing up a ticket, support did indeed say that this was the cause. I asked if there was a disadvantage to having the cache off, and they said the site could run faster if it's enabled.

So do I just have to choose between those two items? Does anyone know any tricks to get the subcategories to show up with cache enabled?

Thanks!
    www.KarensCookies.net
    Cookie Decorating Simplified

Just got confirmation from support:

Unfortunately, yes, you can either enable cache or use the dropdown category list. Please let us know if you have any additional questions. Thank you!
    That's a bummer... anyone know a work-around?
    www.KarensCookies.net
    Cookie Decorating Simplified

Comment

That's interesting. No wonder ours wouldn't show either. We chose to use sub catagorie "pages" since we couldn't show the sub-catagories. We thought it was just the template we were using. We thought the subcategory drop down made navigating a little faster then what we opted for. Anyhow, the cache is probably a good thing. May save a little bandwidth, too, I beleive.
      www.concession-supply.com

Comment

Working...
      X