Modern Amusement Changed It, But How?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modern Amusement Changed It, But How?

As for the captcha's when customer is registering & logging in, I thought you couldn't rid these? But go over to Modern Amusement's online shop (ran by 3D Cart) & they have simplified the process tremendously. Is it because they are a high-dollar client?

Check it out here:
    http://modernamusement.3dcartstores.com/myaccount.asp

It has nothing to do with the volume of their store. Everyone has access to the HTML pages for their cart, and can remove the captcha code. Doing so, results in you losing your PCI compliance status and your merchant provide may fine you or worse, cancel your accounts. This is why we do not offer assistance with removing it via our website.

Comment

So... let's just say in "theory" ;) one of us wanted to remove similar characters from captcha (1,l,o,0)... do we have access to tweak that?
      www.KarensCookies.net
      Cookie Decorating Simplified

Comment

@3dCartRobb, thanks for the information. It's great that you always come through with an answer.

@Maksum, thanks for the follow-ups. I like hearing more insight about problems, how things work, modifications, etc..

About the merchant fines & possible cancellation, if other shopping cart providers didn't provide captcha settings, then wouldn't the merchants not care? Or does 3D Cart immediately send out a warning to our merchant accounts?

I understand fully why this is onboard at 3DCarts, but I'm curious only for the eye-pleasing, stylistic look. Cheers, Art.

Comment

Any update to the above question or is it too obvious? Only still curious because I see several online shops without captcha (4Filters.com & Frik-n-Frak.com). Is there any older version that didn't implement captcha at that time? Bump.

Comment

Originally posted by maksum View Post
            So... let's just say in "theory" ;) one of us wanted to remove similar characters from captcha (1,l,o,0)... do we have access to tweak that?
            Yes, you have access to edit that page. No, i cannot post here how to do it. You can however, submit a ticket at support.3dcart.com and one of the designers may be able to guide you.

Comment

Originally posted by artdavidson View Post

About the merchant fines & possible cancellation, if other shopping cart providers didn't provide captcha settings, then wouldn't the merchants not care? Or does 3D Cart immediately send out a warning to our merchant accounts.
              We do not send out notifications at all. We just don't want to see any of our customers get fined or violate their PCI compliance. Our official stance is, we put it on each cart and will not remove it for you. If you'd like to remove it, you can do it yourself. HOWEVER, please contact your merchant gateway and ask them about it before you do so.

Comment

Originally posted by artdavidson View Post
                Any update to the above question or is it too obvious? Only still curious because I see several online shops without captcha (4Filters.com & Frik-n-Frak.com). Is there any older version that didn't implement captcha at that time? Bump.
                We do have some customers, because of their customizations, that are not using the newest version of the cart and therefore may not have captcha.

Bottom line is. We add it for everyone (except a few select customers who were on an old version). If you see it removed, it was done by that customer and not by us.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dCartRobb View Post
                  Yes, you have access to edit that page. No, i cannot post here how to do it. You can however, submit a ticket at support.3dcart.com and one of the designers may be able to guide you.
                  Man, you got my hopes all up! :( I wrote up a ticket and this was their response:

Mike,

I apologize, but unfortunately there is no modifications that can be done to the captcha. Since we only use lower case characters so you should not run into issues like that. Hope you had a good week, have a wonderful weekend. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Kind regards,

Andy Rome
                  3dCart Support
                  So anyone want to PM me if they know how to do it? *wink wink*
                  www.KarensCookies.net

Comment

I just have to comment on the fact that using lowercase letters absolutely does not aleviate any issues.

Comment

Originally posted by SarahInc View Post
                      I just have to comment on the fact that using lowercase letters absolutely does not aleviate any issues.
                      Yeah, I wrote back and told him that. Bugs just a bit when you tell someone you have a problem and they tell you it shouldn't be a problem.
                      www.KarensCookies.net

Comment

Originally posted by 3dCartRobb View Post
                        We do not send out notifications at all. We just don't want to see any of our customers get fined or violate their PCI compliance. Our official stance is, we put it on each cart and will not remove it for you. If you'd like to remove it, you can do it yourself. HOWEVER, please contact your merchant gateway and ask them about it before you do so.
                        Robb can you elaborate. I am under the impression CAPTCHAs are used to prevent spam and automated entries and are not a requirement for PCI DSS. I am looking at the PCI reference and there is no mention of CAPTCHA. Am I missing something?

Steve

Comment

Nevermind, I found an old thread where you explain your position.

Comment

I notice other websites that do not require captcha's have there sign in pages on https rather than http. Is it possible to make this a secure page with 3dCart and do away with the captcha?

Comment

Like to know this as well. Down away with captcha! Ha.

Comment

Working...
                              X