worldwide shipping options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• worldwide shipping options?

I am curious what solutions you guys have found for world wide shipping.

I am using USPS Global Priority and sometimes USPS First Class.

I checked UPS FEDEX ect and thier rates are much much higher.

Even by using the lower rate USPS I am still getting shipping fees that make it nearly impossible to sell overseas.

I do not do enough volume overseas to have any of the shippers give me a deal or lower rate.

What are you guys doing to overcome this shipping rate obstacle?

We use UPS exclusively for all domestic shipments, but are using USPS Express Mail International for all foreign orders. We tried UPS for everything, but even with the discounts their prices were twice that of USPS, and we lost nearly all of our foreign orders.

(Knock on wood) With the Express Mail International we've not had any problems with foreign shipments. If you print your own postage (we use Endicia) you can schedule a free pick up with the postal service as well.

Comment

We do a pretty good volume of international business. About 50 packages per month. UPS really wants us to use them and they give us substantial discounts (40-45% from retail), but still they aren't very competitive with USPS on price. However their international service is very fast, reliable, and trackable, and we like shipping that way when the customer is willing to pay for it.

We use USPS Priority and USPS Express international for the bulk of them, and use Stamps.com software to process labels. It works pretty well. I am hoping to push UPS service with our new site that will finally have real-time rate quotes, because it is much less labor intensive than USPS.

Comment

We just use USPS Priority and USPS Express for ours, just to keep price down. If our international business expands so will the chances that we'll run into more foreign customers with lots of money and little time. At that point we'll probably look into UPS. This is working out ok for us for the time being though.

We probably have not quite 1 foreign order per day - but close to that.
        www.KarensCookies.net
        Cookie Decorating Simplified

Comment

Originally posted by rrw View Post
          We use UPS exclusively for all domestic shipments, but are using USPS Express Mail International for all foreign orders. We tried UPS for everything, but even with the discounts their prices were twice that of USPS, and we lost nearly all of our foreign orders.

(Knock on wood) With the Express Mail International we've not had any problems with foreign shipments. If you print your own postage (we use Endicia) you can schedule a free pick up with the postal service as well.
          I am looking into Endicia for my shipping solution. How is it working out for you? Worth the monthly fees? Cheers.

Comment

I evaluated both Stamps.com and Endicia. They seem to have the same features, but Stamps.com is very user friendly. I played around with Endicia for about 15 minutes and couldn't figure out how to do anything with it.

Comment

About 99% of ours go via USPS as well. However, we also use First Class Mail International. It's quite risky doing so - there is absolutely no way to track it, and it takes forever for delivery most of the time. We send between 8-12 packages daily via First Class Mail International - and we get maybe one chargeback a month for these shipments. If you add a little bit of an inflated price to the cost of the first class mail international, it helps offset that one loss a month you take.

Comment

Originally posted by artdavidson View Post
                I am looking into Endicia for my shipping solution. How is it working out for you? Worth the monthly fees? Cheers.
                I have used both Stamps.com and Endicia, and I much prefer Endicia. We send out swatch samples in an 8 x 12 cardboard envelope every day, and have our thermal printer set up to print out the label with postage very easily. With the Stonedge Order Manager, we just highlight the address and it automatically fills in the shipping label--very fast! I'm not sure if it works that way without SEOM, but it saves us tons of time.

Customs forms are much easier also--fill in the basic info and print out the forms--no more handwriting!!! :)

Comment

Working...
                X