How to Create a First-Order Coupon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Create a First-Order Coupon?

We have a coupon that we tell people about occasionally in order to encourage them to order from us. What we want is to allow people to use it but only once. I tested this and it appears that as long as you're not buying as a registered customer you can use the coupon as much as you want (even if "Uses per Customer" is set to 1.)

Since I really have no problem requiring someone to create an account in order to get the discount, I thought I could just go in and make this a requirement for the coupon, but I saw no such option.

So does anyone have any suggestions on how to go about this? Again, my mission is to create a coupon code that I can tell someone about, so they can jump on and get a discount, but ONLY ONCE. Again, I don't mind telling them they have to create an account, and I really shy away from requiring EVERY shopper to create an account, so that's not an option for me.

Thanks so much.

Mike
    www.KarensCookies.net
    Cookie Decorating Simplified

So the "limit to 1 use" restriction has no effect? :(

Comment

I think what he's saying is that for the limit to 1 option to work the customer has to have an account, but he doesn't want to require every customer to have an account (this drives away customers who are adverse to creating accounts). So he needs for the coupon to have a "must have account" option which it apparently doesn't at present.

Comment

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying, just not as clearly.

So anyone know any work-arounds?
        www.KarensCookies.net

Comment

BTW, I also really want to create a 20% off coupon, one-time use, that will be given to anyone who blogs about us.

Same issue. If they don't register, they can use it as much as they want.
          www.KarensCookies.net

Comment

I've had the same issue - but as a past programmer - I don't know how the system would ever get around this.

You would have to require your customers to create an account.

I haven't done that because so many people HATE having to create an account - especially first time buyers.

If you really want to limit it - great a GROUP for customers that DO have an account - then limit your coupon to that GROUP.

Any other ideas?
            C Ekman
            Owner/Designer: Cobweb Corner
            http://www.cobwebcorner.com

Comment

Working...
            X