Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Product Video's

Hi,

We are working on demonstration video's at the moment and we are looking to have a link to each of our video's on our product pages and were wondering if any of you guys knows the best way of doing this.

We were thinking of using Youtube and maybe having a video page on our website so that the link on the product page can link to it, or maybe even have the video pop up in a new window when the customer presses the link.

have any of you guys got any other idea's on how this can be done

Thanks

I am working on a video now that I shot in Paris. I am having my website's designer create a simple video player with Flash & host the file on our domain manager. Personally, YouTube is too generic & doesn't give your company's feel. You want the customer to be interested in what their watching.. not the YouTube logo glued to the bottom right.

If you want a free player, I suggest Vimeo.

Comment

Originally posted by artdavidson View Post
      I am working on a video now that I shot in Paris. I am having my website's designer create a simple video player with Flash & host the file on our domain manager. Personally, YouTube is too generic & doesn't give your company's feel. You want the customer to be interested in what their watching.. not the YouTube logo glued to the bottom right.

If you want a free player, I suggest Vimeo.
      Actually, research indicates that customers will not care where the video as hosted as long as they can easily click the link and have it play without any fuss. Youtube is the BEST solution for this because not only will you get free bandwidth, but you'll get some extra traffic and google juice for it.

Ever want to see a successful youtube video campaign for products? Look up will it blend.

Comment

Hello,

We have a top menu link to our "Videos" page. All our operational and instructional videos are listed on that page.

Additionally, we use the custom product feature #10, to embed operational video right inside the product listing page, as can be seen here: http://www.concession-supply.com/Gol...art_p_376.html

Hope this helps!
        www.concession-supply.com

Comment

I think if it's a product-specific video, then concession-supply's solution is the way to go. Why make them click and leave the product page if you can embed it right there?

We also use youtube to embed videos. We just make content pages to put them on.

If you see yourself getting a decent amount of traffic, youtube or vimeo (or the likes thereof) is definitely the way to go. Host them yourself and you'll see your bandwidth eaten up really quickly.

Our videos have been quite successful in our business.

Good luck!

Mike
          www.KarensCookies.net
          Cookie Decorating Simplified

Comment

Thanks for the replies,

I know what you mean with the Youtube logo David but I can also see that Youtube could help with traffic.

I have posted an image of one of my product pages and where I would like to try and put my Fitting Video's link with a small video icon.

Is it possible for me to have the link on my product page to a video page on my site and host them on Youtube or do you think I should just have the video's on my product pages them self?

http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/...rs/fitting.jpg

If I chose to have my videos directly on my product page, does anyone know how this is done?

Thanks again,
            Finlay

Comment

I agree with artdavidson that vimeo is the way to go... when the video is over they show options to watch other videos created by you, youtube shows a list of related, but seemingly random videos at the end of your video.

I also agree with maksum that you want to embed a playable video on the product page. To do this you paste the code into one of the optional fields on the product page, then under the "language" menu on the cart admin you change the title of that field to "videos" or "media". Then in your template file you are able to move that section around to position it however you want. This way, when i product has a video, that section shows up, and when a product does not have a video, nothing shows up.

Product with video:
              http://www.nmteaco.com/Pino-Digital-...Pro_p_335.html

Product with audio:
              http://www.nmteaco.com/Blood-Orange_p_27.html

Product with neither:
              http://www.nmteaco.com/Godiva-Rooibos_p_297.html

All using the same template.

Comment

One Plus about You Tube, FREE traffic. Think about how many people browse You Tube. I do, I do it on my phone. I can browse for hours on end looking at everything and anything. ;)

Comment

Thanks for all the help. I ended up going with youtube as we worked out
                  how to stop the random videos showing after our video. Here is how its done.

Click on your own video, on the right hand side you will see the panel below.
                  Click on the setting button I have circled in red and make sure 'include related videos' isn't checked.

http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/...ubesetting.jpg

My video is on the bottom of my product page, is there any way I can have a link to the video at the top of the page next to "Email a friend" and "Review this item" just so the customers know that I have video without having to go right to the bottom of the page.

Here is a LINK to one of my products with its video, let me know what you think and please press HD to see it at its best.
                  Last edited by fw1980; 10-01-2009, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Very good tip!!!

Thanks!

this part is key: rel=0

that show related videos 0

Comment

We use YouTube to host 18 different videos for our web site, and I like the "insight" function. It gives pretty cool feedback regarding who is watching your videos and for how long, etc. In addition, if I type in our primary keywords about 10 of them show up on the first page. Lot of great FREE advertising!

Comment

Working...
                      X