Using recaptcha instead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using recaptcha instead

I would like to use Recaptcha instead of the build in one... specifically for reviews.

It seems that when one clicks on the "review" button it calls the "review.asp" file... However when i try and download that file to work on it, i get an error message. Is this file intentionally locked?

I also want to change the look of the popup window...

I have seen code in the product page that talks about reviews, and has all the forms to put on in, however, i have edited that section with no effect, and eventually just took it out, with no loss of functionality of the review window.

Any ideas on how to edit this file, or is there another file that controls this popup window that im missing?

Thanks,
    David

Hey there @NMTEACO we're right there with you on this. Did you happen to get any response to this post offline perhaps?

I want to be rid of the god awful captcha-like thing that's currently implemented in 3dcart. It's really horrible and you can wander around the forums and find more than a few posts like this.

We typically have pretty happy customers but man they do NOT like that thing and I'm sure there are plenty of people we never hear from.

I was recently chatting with some programers/designers and the captcha/recaptcha issue came up and it gets high marks. Every system has it's ups and downs but re-captcha is more human friendly, easier for less computer-savvy folks, to my knowledge it's opensource, and it's doing some good in the world by helping to digitize the collective printed works of humanity. :-)

I vote YES on re-captcha.

Comment

Ditto.
      There should be configurables with the interface presented to customers.
      We receive errors of wrong word sometimes.
      www.concession-supply.com

Comment

Yes, that's my point of view exactly - I appreciate 3dcart being protective and providing me the tools needed to conduct biz safely but sometimes I need to be able to configure to suit our own situation.

Re the wrong word errors - we were seeing a ton of them the past few days and starting yesterday evening did a lot of back and forth with Gonzalo and the guys as they busted their humps getting it fixed fast, as soon as I showed them there was a real problem. They did a ton of testing (I saw all the cart visits) and to my knowledge they fixed it last night/early this AM.

They really were all over it like white on rice. :-)

It's working fine for us now. (Doesn't mean I like the system, but it does mean that it is working properly.)

Comment

Re the wrong word errors - we were seeing a ton of them the past few days and starting yesterday evening did a lot of back and forth with Gonzalo and the guys as they busted their humps getting it fixed fast, as soon as I showed them there was a real problem. They did a ton of testing (I saw all the cart visits) and to my knowledge they fixed it last night/early this AM.

They really were all over it like white on rice. :-)

It's working fine for us now. (Doesn't mean I like the system, but it does mean that it is working properly.)

What this above statement means to us is that this is not fixed across all platforms, carts and templates. This is very concerning to us. Please provide further info on this .......

Comment

If I gave that impression, I apologize. I was actually trying to state that we saw a problem, submitted a ticket, and 3dcart jumped on it.

As far as I know the problem cropped up only recently and not just for me (I may be wrong here as I don't know for sure) and so they fixed it and again, my assumption is that they fixed it for the platform not just my site.

I was very happy with how fast they went to work on this and got it fixed.

Comment

I would like to use Recaptcha instead of the build in one... specifically for reviews.
              With the 3.2 upgrade I am soooo happy to be able to turn CAPTCHA off for various pages on our site. However, I'd still rather use Re-CAPTCHA - http://www.google.com/recaptcha/whyrecaptcha

Does anyone know whether it is possible to implement this system instead of the default CAPTCHA? Maybe just remove and replace code??

I'm going to play around with it myself, but figured that I'd see if anyone else already has an answer. :)

Thanks!
              Jennie

Comment

how are you turning OFF captcha?

Comment

Originally posted by concession-supply.com View Post
                  how are you turning OFF captcha?
                  Settings>Store Modules, then scroll down. There is a category called Captcha. To turn it off, just un-check the enable boxes.
                  Laura Z
                  Brass & Silver Traditions
                  www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

Originally posted by brassandsilver View Post
                    Settings>Store Modules, then scroll down. There is a category called Captcha. To turn it off, just un-check the enable boxes.
                    Yes, but it's just for the Contact Us (CRM) page, and the Product Reviews page. Also, you have to modify your template if you have a customized 3.0 theme.

Check out this thread for info on what to change for the Contact Us page.

Comment

Working...
                    X