X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• piaf
    replied
    Yep, mine works, here's how I have it set up:

Under Settings > Shipping > Shipping Methods, click Add New to add a new shipping method. Then choose Country: United States, State: ALL, Shipping Method: Custom - By Value (bottom of the drop down list), Min Weight: 0, Max Weight: 150, Markup: (I left it blank), Customer Group: None. Then click "Add" to save the new method.

Once you have it saved, you can set your exclusions and your value range. Find the method in your list of shipping methods, give it a caption name (change it from "By Value" to "Free Shipping"), then click on the link to the right of the caption which says Edit Ranges and put your monetary range for when this shipping method kicks into effect.

Once that's done, then re-find this method in your list and click on the link that says "Exclude List". Click "Add Location" and then select the states from the dropdown list which are excluded from your Free Shipping offer. You have to add the states one at a time, so choose Alaska, then click Add. Then Add Location, then choose Hawaii, then click Add, etc, etc.

That should do it!

Leave a comment:

• Apex
    replied
    Has anyone figured out a way to exclude HI, PR and AK from Free Ground Shipping?

Leave a comment:

• Mark
    replied
    I have seen on some web sites an "option" for shipping to HI/AK.
    In other words, it's a product option that says "shipping to HI/AK?" and the option is a fixed additional amount, like $10. This adds $10 to the price of the product, not to shipping, though......

Leave a comment:

• CMD
    started a topic Free shipping issue

Free shipping issue

In my shipping settings I have Free Shipping set for domestic only. The cost to ship to HI,AK,VI and PR is about double. I would like to give those customers discounted shipping instead of free shipping but can't find a way to do it. The problem is, once I select "Free Shipping" in the products edit page it over-rides the settings I have in my custom made Free Shipping method. In my custom Free shipping method I exclude those states/territories, but that doesn't matter. Once you select "Free Shipping" on the product page those areas are included at check out.

My Free shipping method uses a weight range. I also have certain items that fall below that weight but that I ship for free by selecting "Free Shipping" in the product page. So as long as I have that selected for certain items it doesn't seem that I will be able to create a discounted shipping method for HI,AK,VI and PR .......... Unless there is a loop hole.

Any ideas?
Working...
X